Schools Outreach Manager, Entry Points - BeamView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Schools Outreach Manager, Entry Points
- Job Location
- Flexible within the US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The mission of BEAM is to create pathways for students from low-income and historically marginalized communities to become scientists, mathematicians, engineers, and computer scientists. Led by staff with these same technical backgrounds, BEAM believes that pathways to STEM careers are created through community, individual support, and access to advanced work that typically lies outside most school curricula. We work to directly support students and to transition them to other supportive enrichment programs that enable their future success.
BEAM's model provides continuous support from middle school through college graduation, including intense academic summer programs for middle school students (after 6th and 7th grade), weekend classes and mentoring, and STEM-focused support through college. Our program includes not just access to learning advanced math but also support finding and applying to other opportunities, including support with college admissions and financial aid. In addition to our academic content, bringing students into community is a key part of our mission and all of our work is designed to support that goal.
BEAM has grown from a small summer program serving 17 students in the summer of 2011 to a year-round, national program, serving 420+ students at six summer program sites and 600+ students in year-round programming in New York City and Los Angeles this school year. In addition, our BEAM National pilot program now reaches over 500 elementary-aged students in seven different states, working to create a new nationwide pathway modeled on our local work.
With our recent strategic plan, our team has committed to transforming the organization from a successful startup to a more mature and scalable organization that can drive change across the country.
About the role
The School Outreach manager will play an instrumental role in the success and growth of our programs. We seek a Schools Outreach Manager who can research potential school partners, conduct outreach, effectively pitch, and monitor commitments. This person is responsible for identifying and managing partnerships with schools/school districts to ensure satisfaction and long-term commitment to BEAM’s national programs. The ideal candidate should deeply care about the students we serve and be willing to grow and learn as our program evolves.
COVID-19 Note: Proof of COVID vaccination (and a booster shot when eligible) will be required before working in-person at the office or BEAM events/programming. Other precautions for student and staff safety (including updated boosters) may be taken as needed, especially for work at our residential programs.
About the National Program
BEAM is expanding our national program to provide thousands of students access to math enrichment in under-resourced communities. The national program consists of three programs to reach our goal of providing under-resourced students access to math enrichment. A majority of students will be in our elementary school program, Entry Points, where we currently partner with over 500 students in 5 different states. We aim to reach over 2,000 at the 5th-grade level in Fall 2025. Eligible students from the Entry Points program will graduate to our middle school program, Bridge, and our high school program, Pathway.
- Research possible partners, and potential contacts to that district or school - leveraging their own network, BEAM’s Board of Directors, Entry Points Advisory Council, staff connections - and creating inroads where none yet exist
- Build and manage a partnership pipeline
- Create and customize pitch materials alongside our communications team
- Monitor commitment completion and follow up with school partners within the terms of agreement
- Manage approximately 24-30 of relationships with school administrators and teachers to ensure that they are achieving their desired outcomes, with potential to add more as the program grows
- Maximize annual partner renewals to exceed retention goals
- Proactively call and email prospects and current partners who have been unresponsive and/or not fully adhering to our expectations
- Design, implement, and improve processes to manage relationships with schools at scale
- Stay informed about the K-12 competitive landscape
- Support the Chief Growth Officer and Senior Program Manager in preparing for pitch meetings, and filling in as a representative for the National Team when appropriate
- 3+ years of business development or partnership experience, with a track record in managing a development pipeline to meet ambitious goals is preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills, including interpersonal/customer service orientation, and an ability to clearly present information to individuals and groups
- Leverage connections with the communities we serve to communicate and lead external stakeholders
- Adaptability to juggle multiple perspectives and backgrounds, and pivot accordingly while creating a consistent approach to communicating about BEAM’s national programs
- Demonstrate exceptional time management, skills including organization, prioritization, and proactive follow-up/follow-through skills
- Be an effective problem-solver with critical thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and apply effective change management strategies to navigate the culture effectively
- Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- CRM experience, Salesforce experience highly preferred
- Possess experience and knowledge of elementary school landscape at the district level
SALARY, BENEFITS AND OTHER DETAILS
The expected salary range for this position is $60,000-$75,000, depending on experience and background.
BEAM provides a number of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Health, dental and vision benefits including health plan options that are free for individuals
- 12 paid holidays including an office closure
- 15 days of paid annual leave to start, and will increase by one day for each year worked for your first 5 years of employment
- Paid sick leave
- 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Student loan reimbursement
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Discounted health club membership
The initial step is to submit your application, including resume and responses to a few short application questions, via our online portal. When your application is complete, we will follow up with next steps,
Next steps in our process will include a short 30-minute phone interview and/or sample projects so we can get to know you and you can show us your work. We believe in the importance of demonstrated ability and providing opportunities that allow candidates to demonstrate their relevant skills for the role throughout our process. The final step of our process is a final interview with the team.
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
For accommodation requests related to the job application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe strongly in communication and collaboration. In the spirit of that collaborative atmosphere, we strongly encourage you to ask questions about the position! You can contact email@example.com.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
BEAM believes that our staff, at all levels and across all roles, should represent the backgrounds of the students we serve. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment. Beyond a commitment to nondiscrimination, we strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and marginalized communities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BEAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment status.
Beam Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Beam Company Size
Between 1 - 10 employees
Beam Founded Year
Beam Total Amount Raised
Beam Funding RoundsView funding details