School Psychologist - Oklahoma - Marker LearningView Company Profile
- Job Title
- School Psychologist - Oklahoma
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
This position requires the following:
- Administer academic and intelligence (e.g., WISC-V) evaluations in Oklahoma Schools.
- Synthesize intake forms, behavioral observations, and evaluation results to develop a comprehensive report including potential diagnoses and actionable recommendations.
- Lead feedback sessions with either parents and students or school administrators.
- Follow company-wide processes to ensure reports are finished in a timely manner to meet your client's expectations.
- Comply with confidentiality laws and Marker Learning policies.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Professional bedside manner and ability to build rapport with clients in a remote environment
- Comfort with computers and willingness to learn our platforms. This position requires a working knowledge of computers and computer programs (e.g., ability to conduct a Zoom meeting, etc.)
- Minimum of one year of psychoeducational evaluation testing with children and adults, including full test administration, scoring, and interpretation of standardized academic tests such as the WISC-V, WAIS-IV, WIAT-4, WJ, Conners-3, or KTEA-3.
- At least one year of experience in writing integrated psychological evaluation reports, including test interpretation, clinical formulation, and personalized recommendations.
- Master's degree (or higher), and a license to practice clinical or educational psychology in schools, per the requirements of the state.
- Private location with secure WiFi to ensure confidentiality and uncompromised administration of the tests.
Other benefits of joining the team:
- Flexible schedule: You choose your availability, and the students/parents will book times directly with you on the platform.
- Payment clarity: We eliminate any uncertainty with insurance billing. It will be clear how much you are paid per evaluation (target compensation is $70/hour- we also compensate you for the time spent writing reports and in training).
- Training & support: We will provide you with the training and support your needs to be successful. We have 24 hour support for our psychologists.
- Materials Provided: We will supply you with the testing materials (e.g., the WISC-V) at no cost to you.
- Community & growth: You’ll have the opportunity to connect with other experts in your field and to help shape the future of Marker Learning with your feedback and suggestions!
Employment Type: Contractor
We are a mission driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it. We believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. If you are as passionate as we are about this, we’d love to hear from you!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Marker Learning Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Marker Learning Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
Marker Learning Founded Year
Marker Learning Total Amount Raised
Marker Learning Funding RoundsView funding details