Sales Engineer - BrightcoveView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sales Engineer
- Job Location
- US Remote
- Job Description
Our Sales Engineers act as key members of the customer-facing team and are responsible for aligning Brightcove products and services with customer objectives. Sales Engineers drive customer conversations to uncover, scope, and define customer business objectives addressable by Brightcove capabilities while demonstrating the ability to influence the sales process effectively to overcome customer objections.
An ideal candidate can learn new technologies quickly and incorporate them into our sales motion, stay informed of the competitive landscape of video, and provide the development of technology solutions that help customers accelerate their business initiatives.
The role will consist of providing customers and sales reps with products and/or solutions advice and guidance during pre-sales discussions. You will be asked to maintain working knowledge of engineering and complex aspects of our products; answer complex questions on function and usage; and solve sales support problems. You’ll also prepare and perform detailed product demonstrations and product prototypes for prospects; and may provide installation support and post-sales consulting. We’re seeking candidates who are able to work proficiently under general supervision on product driven sales opportunities.
- Own the technical side of sales engagements with clients and prospects
- Understand customer’s requirements and develop technical solutions for client-specific use cases
- Create clear, detailed solution documentation outlining our recommended solutions.
- Build and present customized demos of Brightcove products
- Respond effectively to RFPs
- Collaborate with the Brightcove Global Services team to provide enhancements and custom solutions to clients
- Work closely with product development to maintain the feedback loop from customers
- The compensation structure for this role consists of a base salary and a sales incentive plan
- Travel when necessary to meet customers - up to 30% travel. **Please note that while we are currently not traveling due to COVID-19, this is subject to change.
- 2+ years experience in a Technical Sales role, or an implementation or technical Digital Marketing/Media role
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide range of tasks and clients
- Demonstrated ability to present to technical audiences and be able to handle objections on the fly
- A proven track record delivering on or exceeding goals
- Experience with server-side languages (Python, Node, PHP, etc.) and APIs strongly preferred
- Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing technical solutions
- Experience in streaming media or video space preferred
Targeted Base Salary Range: $80,000.00- $98,010
The base salary range listed above is across locations in the US. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to an applicant's experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and an applicant's work location.
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success.
Brightcove offers a variety of perks dependent upon where you live, such as competitive compensation, restricted stock units, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO, and more! Brightcove has brand new office space in downtown Boston, Guadalajara (Mexico), and soon London. We have more offices in Funchal (Portugal), Tokyo (Japan), Singapore, Sydney (Australia), Mumbai and Chennai (India). Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities in any of our 14 offices globally.
We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Brightcove embraces diversity and seeks candidates who support persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email email@example.com.
Brightcove Headquarters Location
Brightcove Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Brightcove Founded Year
Brightcove Total Amount Raised
Brightcove Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity