Sales Director - ObligoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sales Director
- Job Location
- New York
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This position is based in NYC. Applications from candidates in other locations will only be accepted on the premise that the candidate intends to relocate to New York in advance of the start date.
At Obligo, we are committed to building trust between landlords and renters by developing financial technology solutions that support the entire lifecycle of the landlord-tenant relationship. Our platform streamlines operations, helps landlords comply with regulations, and makes property listings more appealing to renters.
About the Role:
As the Sales Director at Obligo, you'll be responsible for leading a mid-market sales team and executing sales strategies to achieve company goals. You'll build dashboards, track conversions, and work with various departments to ensure a strong sales pipeline. With 5+ years of sales leadership experience and proficiency in CRM systems, you'll oversee the software solutioning process, conduct funnel reviews, coach Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives, and recruit, train and manage the team. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup that is revolutionizing the way people handle security deposits in the real estate industry.
- Develop and execute sales strategies aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Manage the mid-market sales team including two Senior Account Executives, one Sales Engineer, and one Sales Team Manager.
- Build dashboards that track activities and conversions throughout the sales funnel, with basic experience in building dashboards in Hubspot and Tableau.
- Manage and track the sales team’s incentive program, in collaboration with the operations department.
- Customize the CRM system with objects, fields, pipeline stages, and automations to achieve maximum throughput with minimal reporting overhead for your team.
- Report progress to the board on a quarterly basis.
- Oversee the software solutioning process through a deep understanding of our product as well as the property management business to which we sell into.
- Coach Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives one on one by listening to their recordings.
- Conduct one on one funnel reviews to identify blockers and areas of improvement for each Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives.
- Collaborate with marketing, Business Development, and Customer Success departments to achieve high throughput, smooth handoffs, continuous feedback and maximum alignment of incentives.
- Ensure a strong and healthy sales pipeline by working with the team to generate leads, follow up on leads, and close deals.
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of sales representatives while providing coaching and feedback to ensure they meet their sales targets.
About Your Experience:
- 5 years of experience leading a sales organization.
- Experience managing a team of at least 4 full-time sales employees.
- Experience coaching, building training programs, and selling complex software solutions in a B2B or B2B2C model.
- Experience with basic customization and report building in CRMs such as Salesforce or Hubspot.
- Experience generating reports on Tableau - a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure.
- Health, Dental, and Vision plan options (coverage begins day one, with generous company contributions).
- Stock Options.
- 401K with match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote Work Flexibility & Remote Office Expense Reimbursement (to make your home part of a comfortable work environment).
- Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule (because we value work/life balance).
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) Options.
- Commuter Benefits (pre-tax dollars for transit and parking).
- Quarterly Team Offsites at varied locations.
- Growth & Training Opportunities.
- A chance to work with incredible teammates who are bright, creative, talented, and passionate!
At Obligo, we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Base Salary Range: $130,000 - $160,000
Obligo Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Obligo Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Obligo Founded Year
Obligo Total Amount Raised
Obligo Funding RoundsView funding details