Sales Development Representative - TigeraView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sales Development Representative
- Job Location
- Vancouver, Canada
- Job Description
Tigera provides active, zero-trust based security for cloud-native applications running on containers and Kubernetes. Its Cloud-Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) prevents, detects, troubleshoots, and automatically mitigates exposure risks of security issues in build, deploy, and runtime stages.
Tigera is the creator and maintainer of Calico Open Source, the most widely adopted container networking and security solution. The company’s software powers more than 100M containers across 2M+ nodes in 166 countries, and is supported across all major cloud providers and Kubernetes distributions.
As our team grows, we are looking for colleagues who not only share our passion for this work and growing our company, but who will also strengthen our company values and help ensure that Tigera remains a great place to work. At our core, our focus is on our customers, who are the heroes of our story; on aiming high and staying nimble in how we get there; on continuous learning to drive our success; and on respecting, collaborating, and supporting each other on a daily basis.
If you are looking to help make a substantial impact, and our values and products align with your vision of your career growth, we want to hear from you!
About Your Role
As an SDR, you will help drive the expansion of a hypergrowth technology business into new global geographies. Your mission is to reach the Platform & DevOps engineers who are building the next generation of applications & managing cutting-edge infrastructure. Once hired, you will need to establish a strong track record in Sales & excellence in execution in order to succeed in this role.
- Qualify leads through initial phone & email contact
- Manage, nurture & grow a pipeline of interested prospects
- Articulate Tigera’s value proposition to Platform and DevOps Engineers & uncover issues we can solve
- Respond to inbound interest & qualify fit for Tigera’s solutions through discovery calls
- Identify prospective leads through creative research methods
- Partner with Sales executives to strategize your approach
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest & develop accounts to drive opportunity
- Work with Product & Marketing teams to convey feedback on prospect requirements & demand gen strategies
- Manage, track & report on all activities & results using Salesforce
- Provide additional Sales team support as needed
- ~1 year of Enterprise Sales Development experience and/or technical experience
- Clear & confident phone skills
- The ability to comfortably engage with very technical people
- Efficient research methods to source technical contacts within organizations for contextual emails & cold calls
- An insatiable level of curiosity & the desire to constantly learn
- A great attitude & a love for teamwork
- Experience working with North American markets
- Strong practical knowledge of at least one of the following tools: Salesforce, Outreach.io, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, or Zoominfo.
- Technical knowledge (especially a basic understanding of microservices, containers & DevOps)
- Start-up experience
With offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Vancouver (Canada), Cork (Ireland), and London (England), we have a thriving team of diverse individuals from all over the world. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. We also offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision, and dental benefits. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration, and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.
Tigera Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Tigera Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Tigera Founded Year
Tigera Total Amount Raised
Tigera Funding RoundsView funding details