Robotics UX Software Engineer - Gecko RoboticsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Robotics UX Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- Job Description
What We Do
Gecko Robotics is helping the world’s most important organizations ensure the availability, reliability, and sustainability of critical infrastructure. Gecko's complete and connected solutions combine wall-climbing robots, industry-leading sensors, and an AI-powered data platform to provide customers with a unique window into the current and future health of their physical assets. This enables real-time decision making to increase the efficiency and safety of operations, promote mission readiness, and protect the environment and civilization from the effects of infrastructure failure.
Role at a Glance
As a front end software engineer you will be a key part of defining how data about critical infrastructure is collected in the field. Your contributions will directly impact the bring up of Gecko’s new Fulcrum inspection platform and make the task of data collection intuitive, repeatable, and error-free. As a front end engineer, you will specialize in handling large quantities of data streaming from our robots, enabling both 2D and 3D user experiences.. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including designers and systems engineers, to deliver a platform that operates seamlessly in a wide range of environments and enables a seamless human-robot interaction experience. Come define the state of the art in inspection technology and support the world’s critical infrastructure.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain high-quality, reusable, and efficient components for our inspection platform.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to implement responsive and visually appealing user interfaces.
- Work closely with service engineers to integrate front-end components with server-side logic.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure the robustness and reliability of the control platform.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in front-end development, particularly in the context of front end systems.
- Build insight engines that will simplify complex data into human consumable displays
- Work closely with the field engineering team to help build the best robot control system.
Technologies We Use (If Applicable)
- WebGL/Threejs for model rendering
- Python / Qt
- Websockets/RESTFul APIs
- C++ for a few core services
- Cap’n Proto / Zenoh
- 3+ years of hands-on, software engineering experience in building business-critical and reliable systems.
- Proven experience as a Front End Engineer with a strong focus on human experiences..
- Experience with state management in a platform and building scalable and maintainable front-end architectures.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and asynchronous request handling.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of hands-on, software engineering experience in building business-critical and reliable systems.
- Experience building web applications using Webgl/Threejs/Deckgl or other 3D engines.
- Experience building desktop applications using browser technologies.
- Experience working with partner and stakeholder teams on creating solutions with myriad, sometimes conflicting, requirements
- Able to work independently and demonstrate end-to-end ownership of a critical part of Gecko’s Field Software Platform
- Strong data structures and algorithms knowledge.
- Have a strong background in software engineering design, and data modeling concepts.
- Expertise in solving large data challenges.
- Experience with performance optimization techniques.
- Built a deep understanding of upstream/downstream systems and processes and how they should shape data model design and impact adjacent systems.
- You have a strong bias towards action.
Who We Are
At Gecko, our people are our greatest investment. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer company equity, 401(k) matching, gender-neutral parental leave, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health and wellness support, ongoing professional development, family planning assistance, and flexible paid time off.
We believe that we do our best work when we’re together in person, and we’re committed to creating a culture of collaboration, innovation, and partnership. We ask our employees to be in the office 3 to 5 days per week, depending on the location and role. Our in-office benefits vary by location, but include catered lunch or lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, frequent employee events, and more.
Gecko is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission to protect today’s infrastructure and give form to tomorrow’s. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our critical mission, we’d love to hear from you.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Gecko Robotics Headquarters Location
Gecko Robotics Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Gecko Robotics Founded Year
Gecko Robotics Total Amount Raised
Gecko Robotics Funding RoundsView funding details