Rheumatology Specialty Pharmacist - Dallas or Houston, TX - House RxView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Rheumatology Specialty Pharmacist - Dallas or Houston, TX
- Job Location
- Dallas or Houston, TX
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We're looking for an experienced Rheumatology Specialty Pharmacist in Dallas or Houston, TX to help us make specialty medications more accessible and affordable for patients. Keep reading to learn more about the role, our team and why House Rx is the right next step in your career.
About the Role
As a pivotal member of the House Rx team, you will work closely with specialty care clinics to optimize outcomes for specialty patients and improve the specialty pharmacy experience for patients and their caregivers.
What You'll Do
- Monitor and evaluate therapies for medication-related issues
- Recommend therapy changes where required
- Monitor patient adherence
- Oversee care coordinator activities
- Identify and resolve insurance-related issues for patients
- Improve the patient experience by providing world-class care while resolving clinical questions
- Act as a liaison between the patient and their provider
- You are excited about working as part of the care team, collaborating with providers, to improve specialty medication outcomes
- You are comfortable engaging with patients, providers, and all members of the care team both in-person and over the phone
- You have experience navigating specialty medication benefits investigation, prior authorization, and financial assistance and will go above and beyond to help patients gain access, including composing appeal letters and seeking any available financial assistance
- You are excited about working in a start-up environment and helping to build workflows and processes from the ground up
- You enjoy learning new technologies and are proficient in some common pharmacy software systems (QS1, ComputerRx, PioneerRx, WAM, etc). Bonus points if you have worked in EMR systems (EPIC, Cerner, NextGen, etc) or specialty pharmacy systems (Therigy, Asembia1, ScriptMed, etc)
- You are knowledgeable about specialty medications, including medications used in autoimmune, endocrinology, and oncology.
- Willingness to learn therapeutic areas you are not familiar with is great
- You are a creative problem solver interested in positively impacting each patient’s pharmacy experience
- You are an initiative taking individual contributor who can also promote teamwork and collaboration amongst colleagues
- You are highly organized, with excellent attention to detail, focused on delivering quality patient care, comprehensive documentation, and exceptional execution every day
- Experience as a pharmacist is required, experience in a specialty pharmacy is preferred
- You must hold a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or equivalent advanced degree and be licensed in State of Employment
- You have demonstrated subject matter expertise in Rheumatology
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at House Rx offers the chance to work with a talented group of entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, and technology builders who are passionate about improving specialty care and making it easier for patients to access the medication that they need.
At House Rx, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll find a culture that supports open communication, embracing failure as a learning opportunity, and always being open to new ideas—no matter how radical. We are a remote-first company, however some pharmacy operations roles require onsite clinic presence. We’re committed to creating a positive and collaborative culture to achieve our mission, all while supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between.
In particular, we offer:
- 20 days paid vacation plus generous sick leave (read our philosophy on why this is better than unlimited PTO)
- Generous parental leave (20 weeks for birthing parents, 12 weeks for non-birthing parents)
- Home office allowance
- Comprehensive healthcare, vision and dental benefits
- Competitive salary and equity stake
We’re backed by forward-thinking investors committed to transforming healthcare, including Bessemer Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Khosla Ventures, Maverick Ventures, 1984.vc, and Character.
Expected Full-Time Base Salary: $130k-140k
House Rx Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
House Rx Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
House Rx Founded Year
House Rx Total Amount Raised
House Rx Funding RoundsView funding details