Research Scientist Intern (PhD) - Riot GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Research Scientist Intern (PhD)
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, USA
- Job Description
Researcher Intern (PhD)
As Riot continues to deliver games and content to our passionate players, our Data discipline has challenges and opportunities centered on crafting, building, and maintaining data products that support the organization’s growth. Whether you are a Research Scientist building machine learning and AI models, a Data Engineer bringing scale and efficiency to systems, or a Software Engineer developing data systems as part of our live games, we need you to help push forward our “Player Experience First” aspirations.
As a Research Scientist Intern, you will build data products to support the games and functions of the organization. The team collaborates on cross-functional projects that range from in-game features to content design to infrastructure. In a world of high volume data, you will develop products that bring personalized experiences to players, optimize our strategy, and refine in-game features.
- Work closely with game feature teams to optimize the way that we design and serve to players
- Partner with game designers and engineers to design and implement data products
- Explore the application of data science techniques to games in development and production
- Currently enrolled in an M.S. or Ph.D. program in statistics, engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or a related quantitative field (math, physics, etc.)
- Experience in statistics, statistical modeling, and optimization
- Experience processing data and build machine learning models using Python
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks remotely in our US based offices
- Authorized to work in the country that you reside in during this remote program.
- Basic understanding of data warehousing, relational databases (e.g., MySQL), and distributed data processing or storage systems (e.g., Spark, Flink, Hadoop)
- Basic experience withSpark, or other big data tech (e.g., Hadoop)
- Basic experience with cloud data tools (e.g., AWS, GCP)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Remote Only) The hourly rate for this internship is USD $60.43.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Games Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
Riot Games Founded Year
Riot Games Total Amount Raised
Riot Games Funding RoundsView funding details