Research Roboticist - Hardware - Agility RoboticsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Research Roboticist - Hardware
- Job Location
- Corvallis, OR
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Agility Robotics is a pioneer. Our robot, Digit, is the first to be sold into workplaces across the globe. Our team is differentiated by its expertise in imagining, engineering, and delivering robots with advanced mobility, dexterity, intelligence, and efficiency -- robots specifically designed to work alongside people, in spaces built for people. Every day, we break through engineering challenges and invent new solutions and capabilities that will one day make robots commonplace and approachable. This work is our passion and our responsibility: our mission is to make businesses more productive and people’s lives more fulfilling.
About The Role
Much of what Agility Robotics does would be considered R&D by most companies. Within Agility, R&D projects are the new ideas and concepts that may provide a significant improvement to Digit, are not in the critical path for the immediate Digit product revision, might carry some risk, and can be pursued in parallel to the product engineering path. Research and Development at Agility Robotics is done by a combination of dedicated researchers, core product engineers on sabbaticals to pursue an R&D project, and fractional time from members of the entire engineering organization as topical expertise demands.
We are seeking candidates for the Research Roboticist role who have demonstrated creativity and initiative in fields related to robot performance, including but not limited to:
- Precision Mechanisms and Actuators
- Custom Motors
- Legged LocomotionAbout You
- Self-motivated, high-performing, results-oriented, low ego and enjoy working with and supporting others.
- Demonstrated successful implementation related to area of expertise: for example, if you are an expert in actuators, have built and deployed a number of novel actuators that outperform the state-of-the-art in some important way.
- Love a challenge, and the freedom to see what you can do.
- Probably have a near-obsessive focus on your areas of expertise, leading to deep knowledge beyond almost anyone else in the world.
- BS, Masters, or PhD degree in a relevant engineering field.
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer-matched retirement plan
- High-quality health, dental and vision insurance - 100% Employer paid for single coverage
- 100% Company paid Short and Long-term disability insurance
- 100% Company paid Life Insurance
- Five weeks of paid time off (3 discretionary weeks and 2 company-wide shutdowns)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- A culture that encourages flexible work schedules
- A culture that embraces individuality and authenticity
- Relocation assistance provided when necessary
Agility Robotics is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discriminatory practices, including harassment. Therefore, it is the policy of Agility Robotics to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Agility Robotics prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Apply Now: https://grnh.se/b444bbd04us
Agility Robotics Headquarters Location
Agility Robotics Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Agility Robotics Founded Year
Agility Robotics Total Amount Raised
Agility Robotics Funding RoundsView funding details