Research Associate, Protein Screening - Nobell FoodsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Research Associate, Protein Screening
- Job Location
- South San Francisco
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Nobell Foods is creating cheese and other dairy products from plant-derived dairy proteins for the 99% of people who are unwilling to compromise on taste and price. Nobell is made up of a team of passionate scientists, explorers, and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals, and the planet. We are backed by Bill Gates’ client fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and Robert Downey Jr. If you believe in our mission and are excited about our work, we would love to hear from you!
About the Role:
You will play a key role in supporting our protein screening team by preparing samples, performing routine experiments, improving processes and developing relevant documentation.
- Enable faster data generation by supporting our protein screening team’s efforts
- Provide high-quality, accurate and dependable results
- Improve the quality and consistency of routine biochemical analysis and sample preparation
- Contribute towards generating key data that will drive our R&D strategy
- Extract proteins from plants and other types of samples and perform protein quantitation assays (Bradford, Pierce 660, UV 280nm)
- Perform protein gel electrophoresis and Immunoblotting (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, dot blot).
- Perform ELISA and other high-throughput quantitative assays
- Work within a team to make reagents, buffers, stock solutions, clean glassware, and maintain inventories.
- Support the development of protein identification assays
- Anticipate experimental needs and understand an individual experiment in the context of the entire company’s goals
- Provide a scientific and a practical experimental perspective to assay development
- Analyze and organize data in a useful manner to communicate with various stakeholders
- Present data in weekly team meetings, document results in daily written reports and in the company database
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years relevant experience in an academic or industry research lab as a full-time research assistant, research associate, or a similar role.
- Bachelors in life sciences or similar discipline (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, etc.).
- Fundamental and applied knowledge of Biochemistry techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Google Suite services or other data manipulation software
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for efficiency and process optimization with an ability to multitask
- Resourceful, eager to learn, and team-oriented, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner
- Local candidates preferred
The pay range is currently between $65,000 to $85,00 in annual gross compensation. Within the range, individual pay is determined by many factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Nobell Foods offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401(k) and commuter benefits.
Nobell Foods Headquarters Location
South San Francisco, CA
Nobell Foods Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Nobell Foods Founded Year
Nobell Foods Total Amount Raised
Nobell Foods Funding RoundsView funding details