Research Associate II - NGS - MetagenomiView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Research Associate II - NGS
- Job Location
- Emeryville, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual for a research associate position focused on optimizing and executing experiments related to next-generation sequencing from sample preparation to data analysis as an integral member of the Genome Editing team. Candidates should be enthusiastic, curious, and have a desire to change the world. This role will be based in Emeryville, CA.
About the Role
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include:
- Prepare nucleic acids and assay by PCR, qPCR, and NGS
- Construct plasmids using recombinant DNA techniques
- Gather and analyze experimental data
- Prepare accurate and timely data summaries, contribute to writing of reports and present findings to key stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
The anticipated base salary range for this position will be $80,000 - $90,000 depending on the exact level of the role. As this role is open to candidates with a wide range of skills and experience, the exact salary will be dependent on the specific level of the position. We value transparency and will make every effort to provide you with a succinct explanation for how the final salary within this range is determined.
- BS or MS in biology, genetics, molecular biology, or a related discipline
- 1+ years of relevant research experience using molecular biology skill sets
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Track record of challenging oneself to enhance scientific skills and knowledge
- Thrives in a fast-moving, results-oriented startup environment with urgent deadlines
Preferred additional qualifications:
- Experience preparing gene libraries for NGS
- Experience performing 96-well plate-format assays
- Gene editing by CRISPR Cas9 or other nucleases
Please note, all candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Metagenomi is a gene editing company committed to developing potentially curative therapeutics by leveraging a proprietary toolbox of next-generation gene editing systems to accurately edit DNA where current technologies cannot. Our metagenomics-powered discovery platform and analytical expertise reveal novel cellular machinery sourced from otherwise unknown organisms. We adapt and forge these naturally evolved systems into powerful gene editing systems that are ultra-small, extremely efficient, highly specific and have a decreased risk of immune response. These systems fuel our pipeline of novel medicines and can be leveraged by partners. Our goal is to revolutionize gene editing for the benefit of patients around the world. For more information, please visit https://metagenomi.co/.
What makes Metagenomi a unique place to work?
- We are passionate about developing technologies derived from microbial-rich ecosystems that have the power to enable therapeutic development and the potential to cure devastating disease.
- We have cultivated an amazing culture that values teamwork, curiosity, scientific rigor, and fun. We have a strong commitment to work/life balance, host a weekly employee happy hour and events, provide catered lunches and endless snacks, and more!
- We offer competitive compensation including a market-benchmarked salary, annual target bonus, equity in an early-stage startup, and a comprehensive benefits plan, including 401(k) matching, a retirement safe harbor plan, and other perks.
At Metagenomi, we know that our people drive our success. Metagenomi provides an open, collegial, and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term career. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in and value diversity and inclusion. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help.
Metagenomi Headquarters Location
Metagenomi Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Metagenomi Founded Year
Metagenomi Total Amount Raised
Metagenomi Funding RoundsView funding details