Regulatory Compliance Officer - ZeptoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Job Location
- Australia (Remote)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Zepto is a rapidly-scaling provider of real-time, account-to-account payments solutions for merchants, and is reimagining the way money moves through the always-on, digital-first economy.
Our growing team across Australia allows for like-minded, talented, passionate people motivated to help us deliver on our brand promise to #LevelThePayingField
At Zepto we believe in the power of positive human experiences, and that a deep sense of belonging creates cohesion in our culture. So, even in a remote-first team, you will be a contributor and custodian of that culture. You will also enjoy solving complex problems, and play a key role in creating something truly special in FinTech.
Zepto’s Legal, Risk & Compliance Team is focused on working with the business to build resilience, drive growth and guide our future state through timely, thoughtful and practical advice, implementation and direction.
Our Regulatory Compliance team is specifically focused on implementing and maintaining our regulatory compliance practices. We ensure these practices are adopted and lived at Zepto so that we maintain our obligations and operate as a healthy financial services organisation that is geared for innovation and global growth.
The Role You'll Play
As a Regulatory Compliance Officer at Zepto, the key role that you will play is to support the design, implementation and maintenance of regulatory compliance frameworks and foster a culture of compliance awareness across the organisation.
Reporting to the Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will support the team in providing compliance and regulatory advice, assessing compliance risks, investigating and resolving regulatory issues, and creating and implementing policies and training to ensure the team is educated on our compliance requirements and obligations.
Working in a start-up, means you get the opportunity to flex your skills in a variety of ways. We are agile and always willing to roll up our sleeves to get things done. You can, however, expect your day to day to be involved in the following:
- Support the delivery of our Risk and Compliance frameworks and policies, including maintenance of obligations registers, and support the team in creating and publishing documentation that is accurate, up to date and in compliance with our obligations
- Investigate and resolve compliance incidents and provide support in cases where risks or compliance incidents are escalated, ensuring workflows are followed
- Drive compliance awareness and culture across the business; leading workshops and training sessions as required and as policies and practices are rolled out across the business
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of Zepto’s GRC system (Camms)
- Support the Regulatory Compliance Manager in communicating risk and compliance obligations to leaders at Zepto and ensure they maintain and operate with the awareness of our regulatory compliance obligations
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships that will support you in understanding the needs of Zepto
- Maintain registers including risk register, conflicts of interest, gifts and hospitality, and regulator interaction including reviewing and escalation as required
What You’ll Bring to the Table
To be successful in this role, you’ll thrive in an environment where you’re able to blend your dedicated approach to compliance with an entrepreneurial spirit whereby you are excited by building a business in a high-growth startup environment.
You’ll ideally have:
- A tertiary qualification in Business, Law or Risk & Compliance Management
- 3 + years professional experience working in risk and/or compliance within the Australian financial services industry (including a solid understanding of the Australian regulatory environment)
- A passion for technology and the drive and tenacity to work within a fast-growth startup that is geared for global growth
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert data and information into meaningful insights
- You love the challenge of building compliance frameworks, policies and processes, whilst collaborating with colleagues to embed these policies into practice
- You have strong attention to detail, excellent communication, writing, investigation, analysis and are passionate about developing your advisory skills
- Let’s not forget that you’re energised, enthusiastic and comfortable with working in a busy, high volume, competitive commercial environment. Your collaboration skills make you a valued member of the team and fundamentally a great colleague to work with
What’s on Offer
As a remote-first Australian startup, you have the flexibility to work from anywhere in Australia or from our HQ in beautiful Byron Bay.
As a Zeptonian making an amazing impact to our growth and success, you'll be rewarded with:
- A remote-first flexible work culture with access to premium co-working options if you thrive in an in-person environment
- Eligibility to join our Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP) to reward you for your long term contributions to our collective success
- A Growth & Impact benefit of Growth Days for focus on personal or professional development and a contribution to your learning
- Access to our Wellbeing Menu, including Wellbeing Days and access to our Employee Assistance Program, Uprise; and
- Career growth for outstanding contributions, impact and performance
If you'd love to join the team and be part of one of Australia's most exciting FinTech startups, apply today and we'll be in touch!
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to treating all our job applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background disability or any other protected characteristic.
Zepto Headquarters Location
Zepto Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Zepto Founded Year
Zepto Total Amount Raised
Zepto Funding RoundsView funding details