Regional Sales Manager, Northern Asia - BlackSkyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Regional Sales Manager, Northern Asia
- Job Location
- Job Description
Regional Sales Manager, Northern Asia
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
As BlackSky continues to grow, we are looking for a driven Sales individual to join our international business development team supporting the Northern Asia region. This position will report to Director of Business Development, APAC. The strong preference for this role is to be located in Singapore.
- Simultaneously manage pursuit and capture of new program or product sales through extensive interfacing with government agencies in order to achieve set quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Work with internal division technology leaders and key internal stakeholders in the division on sales opportunities setting sales strategy, tactics, proposals, and negotiations for new product solutions as well as coordinating qualified new business capture and sales with government agencies.
- Lead sales capture efforts for advanced programs and new technical solutions for the customer that align to the business growth strategies of the division.
- Lead penetration strategies to gain additional sales with all major government agencies by facilitating contacts to achieve sales objectives.
- Create and sustain classified communications pursuits for BlackSky, working with existing BD, Account Management and Program Management Staff.
- Provide quarterly forecasts to management, and monthly forecasts within the current quarter.
- Responsible for market growth and expansion and recruiting the necessary talent to cover the territory.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelors’ Degree in business or an engineering field.
- At least five years of experience working with international defense and intelligence customers.
- At least five years of experience in the geospatial, ISR, or analytics industry.
- Full-cycle direct business development experience with a concentration in technical and/or government sales (this does not include sales support, account management, program management or engineering experience).
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills.
- The ability to perform top quality presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; multilingual in English and Spanish is ideal.
- Strong organizational skills as a good time manager and effective multi-tasker.
- Superior complex problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Master’s degree in engineering/technology field or MBA.
- Experience managing opportunity pipeline in Zendesk.
- Experience in multiplate international defense and intelligence agencies and joint assignments.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements:
BlackSky Headquarters Location
BlackSky Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
BlackSky Founded Year