Rebate Analyst - Coherus BioSciencesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Rebate Analyst
- Job Location
- Redwood City, CA
- Job Description
Title: Rebate Analyst
Reports To: Director, Pricing & Contracting
Location: Redwood City, California
This position will oversee and manage support functions essential to operationalize productivity in the commercial organization. The role includes providing support to key strategic business processes in the area of pricing, contracting & distribution strategies and operational functions (e.g. contract, rebate, chargeback administration) in both commercial, and government contracting. This position will also assist in the management and oversight of a contract system vendor, that will provide Government Pricing calculation and reporting, as well as Commercial rebate/chargeback processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure the timely payment of contractual rebate obligations of small to large managed care customers; PBMs and payers. Utilize rebate processing and validation systems, and complete detailed calculations and analysis of rebate payments.
- Understand contracting strategies and maintain current knowledge supporting data structures, business processes, and documentation for assigned accounts; assist with any decisions and changes required to adapt to business needs.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Account counterparts to ensure a timely flow of information, resolve data issues, discuss utilization and payment variances, and other research as needed.
- Analyze invoice and payment data to itemize and explain payment differences, and to facilitate compliance and contract performance reviews.
- Provide performance reports to account management teams and communicate any items of concern, such as unexplained variances or possible disputes over contract language or discount calculations.
- Provide data, analysis, and support as needed for cross-functional activities such as forecasting and planning or contract renewal decisions.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all monthly/quarterly rebate payments for all Commercial and Medicare Part D contracted customers. This thorough process includes the interpretation and translation of contract language, ensuring PDL formulary/benefit compliance, calculation and validation of rebate payments, including in-depth data analysis and adherence to all audit requirements and any/all reporting regulations as defined within Coherus’ policies and guidelines related to rebate processing.
- Reconcile monthly transactional data submitted by multiple Commercial, and/or Part D entities by independent analysis of rebate data, independent determination of formulary status, and independent interpretation of contract language. Compares their analysis with the invoices submitted by the entities, investigates discrepancies, and documents the variances. Is responsible for communicating the variances and negotiating dispute resolution with the appropriate external customers for each individualized contract.
- Performs a variety of ad hoc reporting related to individualized requests for Commercial and Medicare Part D contracts.
- Investigates and proposes solutions for contract set-up for individualized complicated contract language, which may differ from usual methodology.
- Performs all data and process controls. Exercise good judgement within generally defined practices and procedures, present issues and discuss solutions in a group setting, facilitate process improvements and initiatives, maintain associated documentation.
- Assist in the establishment of contracts (e.g. rebates, administrative fees, chargebacks etc.) with the contract system vendor, based on terms and conditions in customer agreements. Monitor contract requirements to ensure customer and Coherus remain in compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Coordinate on resolution of customer contract payment issues in a timely manner.
- Partner with Coherus Finance to ensure proper forecasting, budgeting and accruals for all commercial and government rebates, and other contracts.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Expert knowledge of pharmaceutical contracting, customers, and the distribution channels including government price reporting.
- Strong knowledge of GPO’s and the 340B program is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on time management, follow-through, and issue resolution abilities.
- Interest in working with large amounts of data. Detail oriented and able to spot data anomalies, outliers, patterns and trends.
- Strong team player that is able to multi-task with multiple interruptions in a deadline-intense environment.
- Able to recognize and interpret business issues/opportunities and recommend solutions through analysis.
- Working knowledge of claim processing principals, techniques and their appropriate application.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, and working with large data sets)
- Natural interest and ability to forge close working relationships with market access field teams and their customers
- Communicates complex concepts and counterintuitive insights clearly and credibly to senior leadership and other audiences
- Bachelors’ Degree (or significant progress toward a degree, general business, managed health care, legal or finance disciplines are preferred)
- Recent experience in the Oncology market is a plus
- Working knowledge and proficiency of analytical computer programs, e.g., Excel, Access, Word, is essential. Additional knowledge and proficiency with other financial or contracting systems such as Revitas or Model N systems will be considered beneficial.
- An average of 3 or more years previous work experience. Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry – Managed care, Medicare hospitals, wholesalers, retail chains and long term care (LTC) pharmacy businesses will be considered highly desired.
- Ability to devise new approaches, methods and systems in response to the changing managed care environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to ensure ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $85,000 - $105,000. Coherus considers various factors, including professional background and work experience, when determining base pay. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Coherus BioSciences Headquarters Location
Redwood City, CA
Coherus BioSciences Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Coherus BioSciences Founded Year
Coherus BioSciences Total Amount Raised
Coherus BioSciences Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Debt
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Debt
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity