R&D Scientist - Polymer/Organic Chemistry - Aether BiomachinesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- R&D Scientist - Polymer/Organic Chemistry
- Job Location
- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Description
This is a (minimum four days/week in office) full-time position based in our Menlo Park, CA office. This position reports to the Director of Automation of the Company.
Aether Biomachines is on a mission to build the post-scarcity future using peptide-based nanotechnology as the driving force for the next industrial revolution. By creating the world's most advanced high-throughput robotic laboratory, we are generating data at unprecedented scales to fuel deep learning algorithms. We're assembling a diverse and dynamic team of self-starters, engineers, sci-fi enthusiasts, and visionaries, and we invite you to join us on this journey.
As a Polymer/Organic Chemist at Aether Biomachines, you will help drive and accelerate product development and work closely with interdisciplinary teams spanning biology, analytics, and automation.
What we are looking for in you
Aether Biomachines is seeking a talented Polymer/Organic Chemist with a strong background in small molecule and polymer synthesis. Experience with enzymatically catalyzed chemistry is a strong plus. You will be working on designing, synthesizing, and testing new materials for 3D printing.
What you will be doing
- Utilize physics and chemistry first principles to design, develop, and optimize chemical and biological processes and equipment for rapid product development and prototyping.
- Set up and manage external work streams at contract research organizations.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to identify and address process challenges, drive continuous improvement initiatives, and contribute to the organization's overall success.
- Develop and optimize chemical reactions and scale-up processes, ensuring consistent results and high-quality output.
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment, adhering to safety guidelines and regulations.
What you must have
- Experience with Research and Development in an industrial setting.
- Strong chemistry/materials fundamentals and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety guidelines and regulations.
- Experience with scale-up processes.
- Experience with Design of Experiments and statistical analysis.
- Are Action Oriented
- Are tech savvy
- Are customer focused
- Cultivates innovation
- Interpersonal savvy
What you should have
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field or equivalent experience outside of academia.
- Broad experience in product centric Research and Development with an emphasis on Polymer/Organic chemistry.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications?
We encourage anyone who thinks they would excel at Aether to apply, no matter their background or how they identify.
Benefits and Perks
- Full suite of health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Aether pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 90% of the premiums for dependents.
- Basic Life, AD&D, and Long Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- $125 Aether contribution per month for individuals
- $250 Aether contribution per month for employees with dependents/partners
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter FSA
- Up to $100 Aether match contribution per month
- Lab Personnel:
- $200 per month Aether taxable bonus if you live more than 25 miles from the office
- $100 per month Aether taxable bonus if you live less than 25 miles from the office
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off for Full-Time employees and 11 Paid Holidays
- Health Perks (EAP, Travel Assistance, Chiropractic and Acupuncture care)
- Company Perks (Equity, Socials, holiday parties, LifeMart Discounts, and more!)
- On-Site Services (Free EV charging, shuttle services, free meals while you work, free on-site fitness center, and more!)
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We believe that a diverse team can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of clients we seek to serve. As such, Aether Biomachines, Inc. is committed to a diverse representation among our employees. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Aether Bio may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our California location.This is the pay range for this position that we reasonably expect to pay. Individual compensation is based on various factors, including experience, education, skillset, and geographic location. This range is for the SF Bay Area, California location, and may be adjusted to the labor market in other geographic areas.SF Bay Area Pay Range$130,500—$159,500 USD
Aether Biomachines Headquarters Location
Menlo Park, CA
Aether Biomachines Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Aether Biomachines Founded Year
Aether Biomachines Total Amount Raised
Aether Biomachines Funding RoundsView funding details