Quality Engineer - AcquiaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Quality Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote - India
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
At Acquia, quality engineering drives the quality tool chain and process in an open and collaborative environment. To ensure that we have a repeatable process and systems to thoroughly test and uncover defects, quality engineering uses best of breed tools for automation and testing frameworks in conjunction with in-house tooling, infrastructure and services. Quality engineers are embedded in each agile development team to facilitate and lead the testing strategy, and test automation requirements for every iteration and release. The quality engineering team also regularly meets to review and improve overall testing processes, automation, innovations and best practices. Each quality engineer works both independently and as part of a product group, where developers write tests and the quality engineering team supports the testing infrastructure and automation. In addition, they provide guidance for best practices and develop testing systems for smoke testing, behavioral testing, stress testing, performance testing, as well as supporting quality metrics.
The QE is a strong voice for quality that actively pursues quality improvements, writing code, developing new infrastructure and tests to support our fast paced, highly diversified development organization.
- Work together with product managers, agile product owners, architects, tech leads and engineers to ensure the quality of our products
- Participate in technical discussions for products and test infrastructure
- Execute Quality best practices, tools, and methodologies
- Identify areas for improved testing efficiencies, test automation and implementation of automated test solutions
- Constantly evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement (i.e. test automation frameworks, coding standards, etc.)
- Participate with developers in writing prolific test case code using Ruby, PHP, Go, etc
- Build and maintain efficient test frameworks and pipelines for performance, stress, and integration tests
- Work in an agile model as part of a team to develop fully automated test cases for functional, unit, and integration testing
- Take a hands-on approach to implementing QA processes right from requirements analysis, test design, implementation, automation, execution, maintenance and analysis
- 2-4 years of hands on experience working on QA automation including functional, system, integration and regression testing
- Experience in developing test automation for Backend applications
- Well versed with backend API automation, tools/framework development necessary for the same
- Strong hands on knowledge about testing and OOPs concepts and understanding of database concepts
- Strong working knowledge of various test types including client/server, white-box, black-box and positive/negative
- Solid test design skills, test case writing, automation and analysis
- 2-3 years programming experience in any of the web languages (go, php, ruby)
- Experience with shell to utilize command line tools
- Experience with continuous integration tools (i.e. Jenkins, Travis)
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes or Docker
Nice to have:
- Hands on experience with AWS/Azure/GCP/OpenStack
- Familiarity with open source software
- Linux OS system management experience
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Acquia Headquarters Location
Acquia Company Size
Between 800 - 5,000 employees
Acquia Founded Year
Acquia Funding Rounds