QA Technical Lead - Diligent RoboticsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- QA Technical Lead
- Job Location
- Austin, Texas, United States
- Job Description
What we're doing isn't easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our customer-facing social robots.
Description: The QA Team is seeking an experienced technical lead to build upon this reputation with an unwavering commitment to meticulous production. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take new Diligent robots to the next level with respect to accuracy, security, and safety. You will be charged with fostering a “quality culture,” in which Diligent Robotics employees become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality for new robots, managing schedules to satisfy demand and implementation of continuous improvement practices to achieve higher levels of efficiency as we move forward. This role is located in the Diligent Robotics Headquarters in Austin, TX and is an onsite position.
What You’ll Be Doing/Responsibilities
- Technical leadership of the software QA team, driving best practices for testing that will ensure high-quality robots to production.
- Collaborate with Production, Head of Hardware and Manufacturing to ensure prioritization and focus on deliverables and timelines.
- Interpret, build upon, and comply with company quality assurance standards.
- Lead by example, be a hands-on leader, mentor the team and introduce new technologies & processes.
- Identify, propose and implement process improvements that will result in efficiencies, including use of Automation Frameworks and test rigs.
- Develop and execute a plan for efficient use of resources. Oversee inspection and testing of outgoing robots to confirm quality conformance to specifications and quality deliverables.
- Build and develop a strong engineering culture, responsible for delivering creative and scalable solutions for Moxi.
- Document quality assurance activities with internal reporting and audits.
- Carefully maintain complaint and nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems (i.e. Jira Dashboards).
- Maintain and analyze problem logs to identify and report recurring issues to management and product development.
- Create desirable outcomes for company-wide OKRs.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience with 3+ years of experience building and leading teams.
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and best practices.
- Expertise in Linux, Git.
- Proven ability to introduce Software Test Automation Frameworks.
- Great attention to detail.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Expertise in creating an inclusive environment and retaining top talent.
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity.
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and being hands on with robots and other hardware.
- Currently reside in Austin or willing to relocate to Austin
- Experience in robotics.
- Experience defining technical thresholds and specifications
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience and contribution.
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting startup venture.
- Experience working with some of the leading experts in robotics.
- Potential to radically change the future of healthcare.
This role is located in Austin Tx, and will require relocation if hired.
Diligent Robotics Headquarters Location
Diligent Robotics Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
Diligent Robotics Founded Year
Diligent Robotics Total Amount Raised
Diligent Robotics Funding RoundsView funding details