QA Engineer - League of Legends - Riot GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- QA Engineer - League of Legends
- Job Location
- Job Description
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
At Riot, we believe “Quality Assurance” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviours that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to realise their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. This great opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach to achieve the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As an experienced QA Engineer you'll lead our quality efforts for League of Legends and provide testing support for a product team working across League of Legends features to provide value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the player experience. You can use your experience in QA within game development to build a player quality strategy.
- As QA Engineer for League of Legends you will be key in supporting your development teams, Engineers and Artists, executing and owning the QA process to deliver quality to Players.
- You will be improving and refining efficient solutions to problems, while continuously improving delivery.
- Establishing best quality practices that help ship great experiences for Players is a key expectation for this role.
- You will drive accountability for overall quality, as an essential factor for decision making across product leadership.
- Establishing metrics that matter, using data to guide action.
- Communications driven, representing the QA teams work on progress, tasks or blockers and the overall Quality of the assigned product.
- 2+ years of experience, leading Quality efforts in game development
- You have successfully grown a culture of quality across teams and products
- Continuous improvement of your product, discipline and craft
- Experience working with remote development and test teams
- Experience in applying your expertise to solve systemic problems
- Experience working with test automation and tools strategy
- ISTQB qualifications; i.e.: Agile Tester/Expert lvl/Adv. Test Mgr.
- SCRUM/Agile qualifications
- Development/Test experience across several platforms; Mobile, Console, PC
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot Games Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Games Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
Riot Games Founded Year
Riot Games Total Amount Raised
Riot Games Funding RoundsView funding details