QA Engineer - Banyan InfrastructureView Company Profile
- Job Title
- QA Engineer
- Job Location
- 303 2nd Street, Suite 500N, San Francisco, California, United States
- Job Description
Banyan Infrastructure’s mission is to unlock capital for renewable infrastructure. We're the fintech solution serving a trillion dollar market by enabling banks and funds globally to invest in sustainability and net-zero targets.
Why consider this opportunity?
Banyan is growing rapidly and we are enthusiastic to talk with quality professionals for a QA Engineer role. This position will jump right in to assist with manual testing of our web application including the development and execution of test cases. After reaching competency in our existing manual environment, this role will lead our automation initiatives.
Our team is made up of bright, mission-driven individuals. We are passionate about using technology to solve sustainability challenges for our planet. We value learning, curiosity, and collaboration. We believe different perspectives create better solutions, so we will always ask for yours.
This role reports to the VP, Engineering and is hybrid (3 office/2 remote) with the flexibility to adjust on an ad hoc basis.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for new and existing product features.
- Estimate, prioritize, and perform manual and automated testing activities
- Work closely with product teams to ensure alignment
- Analyze test logs, create test reports, and coordinate with stakeholders
- Document bugs and write clear steps to reproduce issues
- Participate in the weekly production deployment process as quality gatekeeper
- Propose, document, and implement better ways of doing things
What you’ll need:
- Experience in manual testing and strong capacity for exploratory testing
- Proven track record with automated testing frameworks, tools, and services for user-level automation
- Analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting and peer review
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple threads and complete quality work against rapid delivery cadences
- Clear verbal and written communication to collaborate, report, document, and discuss with team members and cross-functional partners
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to recognize gaps, learn quickly, and adapt to evolving technologies
- Start-up mindset - creativity and initiative to problem solve and improve product quality and function amidst ambiguity
- Team orientation with a willingness and desire to help others
- Cultural and emotional intelligence to collaborate in a diverse environment
- Enthusiasm for Banyan’s mission and alignment with Banyan’s values
Bonus points for:
- Experience testing cloud deployed SaaS applications, particularly on AWS
- Experience with load testing or performance testing
- Fluency in programmatic testing of APIs
We are unable to provide H1B visa sponsorship for this role.
How we’ll support your growth and success:
- Work closely with the founders, executives, and cross-functional teammates
- Build your knowledge of automation, QA, and software engineering as a whole
- Develop cutting edge industry expertise in fintech -- learn the ins and outs of capital markets, financial products, and underlying technologies that drive the sector’s innovation
- Work on a meaningful product that will accelerate clean infrastructure deployment around the world
- Learn from and with a diverse team of smart, passionate people
Our benefits package is designed to allow team members to be their best selves, in and out of the workplace. In addition to top tier health plans, at work meal offerings, and fitness benefits, we prioritize your well-being and growth through professional development, parental leave, a flexible time off policy, and flexible work. Our headquarters is centrally located between Bart and Caltrain in San Francisco, CA.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology. Our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel valued and respected. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this role would make you excited to come to work. Banyan is an equal opportunity employer.
Banyan Infrastructure Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Banyan Infrastructure Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Banyan Infrastructure Founded Year
Banyan Infrastructure Total Amount Raised
Banyan Infrastructure Funding RoundsView funding details