Public Policy and Government Affairs Lead - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Public Policy and Government Affairs Lead
- Job Location
- Remote, USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
About The Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to build a Public Policy and Government Affairs function for SandboxAQ. In this role, you will develop and advance SandboxAQ policy priorities and positions, driving stakeholder engagement strategies for the U.S. and globally. You will closely collaborate with, educate, and brief our senior advisors, internal leadership and business owners, as well as our partners, peers, and stakeholders across government, industry, and academia.
SandboxAQ is committed to principled ethical standards in policy advocacy, emphasizing the contribution of our deep technical and scientific expertise toward the development of clear-eyed, forward-leaning policies that will speed the realization of quantum-inspired technologies in ways that advance the public good, as well as commercial success for our customers and partners. We aim to develop a trustworthy and effective policy voice that is equal parts expert, idealist, and pragmatist.
How you will make an impact:
- Build and lead the company’s Public Policy and Government Affairs function. Develop policy and engagement strategies for U.S. and global government stakeholders. Advance the company’s mission, values, and interests across the global arenas of public policy development and implementation.
- Position SandboxAQ as a trusted and trustworthy resource to governments, civil society organizations, academia, and press on AI + Quantum technologies, their applications, possibilities, and risks, as well as forward-leaning policy frameworks and on-the-ground initiatives that can best unlock their potential to advance the public good.
- Provide strategic direction on potential international opportunities and how these interact with U.S. Executive Branch policies and initiatives.
- Work with company leadership to establish SandboxAQ’s policy priorities, provide policy analysis, and develop strategies to achieve them. Execute those strategies through accountable goals and metrics.
- Actively participate in and maximize the use of industry groups, coalitions, and trade associations, as well as outside consultants, advisers, and experts, to advance the company’s policy goals and strategies.
- Oversee the company’s strategic engagement with national and international standards bodies.
What you should have:
- Advanced degree in public policy, law, and/or engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
- 10+ years experience in driving, shaping, and/or advising private companies on U.S. public policy initiatives.
- Substantive knowledge of emerging technology, AI, quantum, cybersecurity or related technological and scientific fields.
- Experience with engaging U.S. federal government stakeholders and global counterparts.
- Past experience with startups or technology companies preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational savvy to build an external-facing function in harmony with multiple internal clients.
- Track record of driving impact, outcomes and engagement to get results.
- Excellent people management skills, and a track record of building high-performing, diverse teams distributed across time zones.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to distill complex and nuanced technical, legal, and policy concepts into concise and informative messaging, along with an ability to deliver polished presentations.
- Working experience with global cultures, languages, histories, and perspectives beyond the U.S.
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details