Project Operations Team Lead - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Project Operations Team Lead
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated team leader to join our Project Operations team. A successful candidate will be leading a team of Project Managers within the wider UK Technical Team. The role itself is very hands on; a successful candidate will likely manage a few projects themselves.
Our Project Operations Managers are primarily focused on execution and delivery of complex global In-store projects for the benefit of our UK clients, working with our merchants to ensure a successful roll out of their in store payment systems.
The team also manages projects to support our customers go live with our Adyen for platforms solution. Allowing our merchants to process both online and in-store payments for their customers at scale.
Lastly the team also helps manage complex banking projects where our end merchants are utilizing our banking platform to roll out a variety of banking products such as card issuing and financing products.
Overall the team are experts in delivering complex technical solutions, with experience in various systems such as retail and banking. They have superb project management skills, and will interact with internal and external stakeholders to create a seamless service deployment experience for clients looking to go live with Adyen.
As the Team Lead you will build, mentor, and coach a team of Project Operation Managers who are responsible for helping our merchants go live in a scalable and maintainable fashion. You are comfortable streamlining team operations, encouraging effective collaboration, and engaging with executives at all levels. As a critical role in the continued success of our UK and EU operations, you will help to iterate on current processes and help build Adyen for the future.
What you'll do
- Motivate team members and encourage creativity while understanding training needs. Provide coaching in areas including but not limited to: Managing customer expectation, building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, managing and delivering projects in an effective manner
- Serve as a senior stakeholder, providing strategic and consultative advice to influence and fulfill the global payments strategy of our merchants
- Set clear individual and team goals focused on operational scalability
- Report on performance and metrics at an executive level
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
This is a varied and hands-on role, where you can be defining how we continue to scale operational, to rolling up your sleeves and ensuring that all of your merchants needs are met and they have a successful go live.
Who you are
- Experienced with IT projects within a large global company working in finance, retail or general technology etc.
- Experience managing a team, this will include coaching and training the team
- A proven track record of helping to lead global process change. Setting up tools and procedures so that Adyen continues to be successful from an operational perspective
- Experience defining goals and objects for teams that you have worked with and ensure that the team itself is brought into your plans and joining you on the journey that you set out
- Excellent Project Management skills and the ability to lead and manage detailed, time-sensitive initiatives in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global team, adapting to International time constraints where appropriate
- Clear understanding of the challenges of global commerce and the various components that are required of a client to be successful across different regions
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in London.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds