Project Manager - ParallelView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Project Manager
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Parallel Systems is a Series A startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
We're looking for a project manager to support various projects relating to the development, testing, and operation of rail vehicles. In this role, you'll work with engineers, executive leadership, and business partners to schedule, budget, and report on project progress. Ideal candidates will have experience tracking technical and contractual requirements, working with vendors, maintaining schedules and budgets, and communicating with clients and government authorities. You will participate in coordinating multiple projects at a time, with extensive support from engineering staff, corporate leadership, and operations staff. Example projects may include prototyping and testing of new hardware subsystems, piloting of service operations on customer's railway, construction of rail facilities, field test campaigns with regulatory engagement, and upgrades to test vehicles. Travel will be required to field operations, which are currently planned in California, Georgia, and Colorado.
- Plan projects and author contractual documents aligned with company and client goals and capabilities.
- Prepare and maintain work schedules calendars, and budgets.
- Execute project plans to remain on schedule. Resolve issues and blocking items. Track project progress across multiple organizations.
- Oversee development of contracts with suppliers, subcontractors, and other project partners.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations to internal leadership, external clients, and regulators.
- Set expectations and review for quality of work and communications for clients.
- Review documents including operating procedures, safety policies, test plans, and reports for alignment with client and project needs.
- Track obligations related to client agreements, funding agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Work with accounting to correctly track and project expenses relating to each project.
- Supervise contractors for schedule, work quality, and payment.
- Coordinate shipping of vehicles and employee travel arrangements for operations at remote facilities.
- Work with technicians, engineering staff, and purchasers to procure and transport materials and equipment.
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager in product development, construction, or manufacturing.
- 5+ years experience managing office and industrial facilities projects.
- 5+ years experience representing a company in business-to-business relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 7+ years of experience as a project manager in product development, product qualification, construction, or manufacturing.
- Familiarity with maintenance, repair, and operations related to rail, autonomous vehicles, heavy machinery, or heavy industry.
- Experience administering federal contracts.
$100,000/year to $160,000/year + equity + benefits
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include equity or benefits, if applicable.
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.
Parallel Systems is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Parallel Systems will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your recruiter.
Parallel Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Parallel Company Size
Between 10 - 1,000 employees
Parallel Founded Year
Parallel Total Amount Raised
Parallel Funding RoundsView funding details