Project Development Manager, Northeast - Battery Storage - Plus PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Project Development Manager, Northeast - Battery Storage
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Plus Power is an energy storage market leader with a market-leading 10+ GW portfolio across more than 25 US states and Canadian provinces that will transform North American electric grids into cleaner and more versatile critical infrastructure.
Standalone energy storage is rapidly transforming the U.S. energy markets, because it is cheaper than new natural gas plants, faster to build than fossil peakers or transmission, and able to perform diverse energy services. Plus Power partners with electricity system operators, utilities, and investors to originate, develop, finance, own and operate standalone energy storage projects that provide critical services to the wholesale electric market. Plus Power’s team applies an intentional mindset to energy storage development by using a data-driven approach to development.
At Plus Power, we are focused on solving hard climate problems, profitably. We are growing fast, and value candidates who, like us, share a focus on setting high expectations, owning and learning from mistakes in the spirit of radical transparency, and are committed to internal partnering as a key element of our ideas meritocracy. Our team praises Plus Power’s culture and excels through our game-changing mission and supportive ecosystem.
About the Role
Plus Power recruits outstanding energy industry professionals who are driven to develop, build and operate assets safely and reliably to decarbonize the power markets while growing their careers. Our team looks for data-driven and fact-based mindsets, engaging and collaborative behaviors, and personal growth-focused professionals.
In order for the global energy system to make the transition from a carbon-based grid, to a renewable energy grid, large scale energy storage must be introduced into the electricity system to balance intra-hour supply and demand. Energy storage is the enabler of high penetration variable renewable generation like solar and wind.
We are looking for a Project Development Manager to be a functional lead of multiple projects within Plus Power’s portfolio in the Northeast. The Project Development Manager will own the ultimate responsibility for site acquisition, permitting, interconnection, and revenue offtake contracting for each project. The Project Development Manager will have a sophisticated team of subject matter experts who will provide support for specific discrete deliverables such as cost estimates and interconnection process navigation, however leadership of a cross-functional team in order to bring a project to NTP will be the ultimate responsibility of the developer. Upon NTP functional responsibility of the project will be transferred to Plus Power’s EPC team.
- Site acquisition and due diligence: utilize Plus Power’s processes to acquire project sites and bring them through the diligence process
- Project development: manage a project pipeline and execute on complex milestone deliverables across a network of stakeholders
- Project management: problem solving nuanced site, permit, and technology issues with internal experts and external stakeholders
- Project finance: understand the key financing elements of a project and ensure that all projects and deals continue to meet or exceed financial hurdles
- Contract origination: Work with markets and origination team to identify and quantify opportunities, then owning responsibility for RFP submittal
- Commercial negotiation: negotiate terms and conditions of power purchase agreements, permitting documents, interconnection or other ISO agreements to protect the commercial sensitivities of each deal. Supporting the financing of each new deal
- Deal execution: providing support in closing and financing each new deal
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in project development focused on energy assets
- Supported full lifecycle development of a renewable or conventional energy asset
- Participation in an organization which has developed an energy storage project
- Experience participating in the development of or completing all of the following agreement types:
- Site lease or purchase agreements
- Site Plan and Building Permit approvals
- Interconnection agreements
- Power purchase or tolling agreements
- MIPA / PSA for project disposition / acquisition
- Creative independent thinker; demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in both team and individual settings
- Must be flexible and detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
- Travel required as necessary to support permitting activities, stakeholder meetings and other related tasks
Compensation and Benefits
Highly competitive remuneration from one of North America’s leading energy storage developers, owners and operators. Flexible, work from home acceptable for the long-term, or hybrid work from Plus Power’s offices in San Francisco or Houston.
The expected salary range* for this position begins at $[TBD]. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range based on several factors including, but not limited to relevant experience, skills, qualifications, geographic labor market, and other factors consistent with applicable law. This position is also eligible to participate in our annual discretionary bonus program.
Plus Power offers a comprehensive benefits program, unlimited vacation, flexible remote work, and a highly engaging company culture with opportunities for growth.
Plus Power is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds can thrive. Plus Power is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
*This information is provided in accordance with applicable law.
Plus Power Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Plus Power Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Plus Power Founded Year
Plus Power Total Amount Raised
Plus Power Funding RoundsView funding details