Program Manager, Operational Excellence - FlexportView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Program Manager, Operational Excellence
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, San Fransisco
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients across more than 100 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
After raising nearly 1B dollars from Andreessen Horowitz, Shopify, and other investors, Flexport is investing heavily into scaling its operations. The Operations Excellence (OE) team are the captains of this rocketship growth and central to Flexport’s success - building the people, processes, and products needed for the future of Flexport. The team's mission is to make Flexport the best freight operator in the world. We define, build, and execute the strategy to improve operations, foster a culture of continuous improvement, shape the metrics that drive our customer experience and our performance, and we partner with our technology team to build the future operating system for global trade.
We are looking for rockstar operations leaders to reach the next orbit. As a Program Manager in our team, you will lead the highest-impact projects in the company. You will work on issues spanning from understanding what drives value for our customers to fixing operations problems at the root to setting the agenda for our engineering team. You will work on global projects spanning multiple teams and business units, and interact with stakeholders on all levels and across the whole company. In your role, you will design the work experience for Flexporters for the years to come.
You want to:
- Help Flexport become the best freight operator in the world
- Work on some of the most important and difficult challenges the organization faces
- Be in the place to fix issues you observe and make a real difference for your colleagues in all teams at Flexport; give people the tools and skills to perform better at a fast growing business
- Work at the intersection of business, technology, and operations, learn how to navigate the trade-offs required, shape Flexport's operating system for the future
- Get exposure to a variety of topics, geographies, stakeholders to learn what's out there, learn how to build solutions that work, and bring teams together
- Grow as a leader: build your set of tools (e.g., continuous improvement), learn new leadership skills (e.g, working with diverse sets of stakeholders, influencing the company's agenda effectively), become a thought leader
- Build your network in the company
- Have fun as part of a high-performing team of creative leaders
- Manage programs and projects independently from start to finish (define the mission, build a plan, drive execution, manage stakeholders, remove roadblocks, deliver results)
- Work with global Flexport leaders across multiple teams to develop strategies, break them down into "doable chunks", and execute successfully
- Analyze complex data sets (e.g. operational metrics) to drive insights; identify key business drivers; prioritize issues to be solved
- Identify areas where operational teams can improve efficiency and then redesign those processes within or across workstations
- Quickly become an expert for all topics you own; become a thought leader for Flexport in one or more areas of expertise; guide the leadership team in making decisions
- Learn, apply, teach, and promote operational excellence principles and tools
- Work closely with tech product teams to drive the product vision for topics you own
- Scale yourself through others: engage other Flexporters in problem solving and project execution, build productive relationships, resolve conflicts constructively, mentor teammates
- Find creative solutions for issues; help other Flexporters use their creativity; drive playful solution of issues
- Look beyond symptoms; identify root causes; build scalable solutions - to the problem stays fixed
- Help weave the fabric of Flexport through working across teams, geographies, and topics
- Work hard, have fun, make history
- At least 6 years of working experience, of which at least 4 years in consulting, business operations or project management, preferably in the logistics or software development industry or in a fast growing tech startup
- An obsession with client happiness
- Curiosity, creativity and great problem solving skills
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to build strong relationships and to influence without authority
- Program management skills (set goals, manage delivery, create and measure impact)
- The ability to prioritize strongly
- Strong analytical skills, ability to handle data effectively; system-oriented thinking and end-to-end view of processes
- Strategic vision coupled with ground floor execution; energy, grit, and a little stubbornness to ensure the rubber actually hits the road
- The ability to lead and motivate a team of highly motivated, high performing individuals
- Self-starter, tolerance for ambiguity, willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to travel
- Lean, Six Sigma, PMP, Agile, SCRUM, or Continuous Improvement experience
- Master’s Degree in a technical field (e.g., Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain, Physics) or MBA
- Experience in translations business requirements into product roadmaps
- Experience in supply chain or logistics experience
- Experience in SQL, Python, Looker
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Flexport Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Flexport Company Size
Between 1,001 - 5,000 employees
Flexport Founded Year
Flexport Total Amount Raised
Flexport Funding RoundsView funding details