Product Sales Executive (Data Virtualization) - CData SoftwareView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Sales Executive (Data Virtualization)
- Job Location
- North Carolina
- Job Description
In the age of digital transformation, data has become increasingly vital to core business operations. But with so many cloud applications and platforms available today, data has become more decentralized than ever.
CData is the real-time data connectivity company. Our easy-to-use integration products allow users to work with their data where, when, and how they need it. With a robust library of real-time data connectors, users can access data from hundreds of applications, tools, and systems – on-premises or in the cloud.
CData is a global company, headquartered in Chapel Hill, NC with about 350 team members worldwide. More than 10,000 organizations rely on CData technologies to overcome data fragmentation challenges and unlock value from diverse, dispersed data assets.
Product Sales Executive
We are hiring a Product Sales Executive (PSE) at CData who will be responsible for meeting or exceeding new business bookings quota for the Connect Cloud data virtualization product. As the PSE for Connect Cloud, you will be selling into highly technical buyers looking to solve data connectivity challenges using this product. Previous experience selling to similar buyers in the data virtualization space is required. You will be required to learn how to demo and use Connect Cloud, understand the differentiators, refine the pitch, and increase win rates for associated opportunities. You will be supported by a Connect Cloud Solutions Engineer/SE (pre-sales), but you will be expected to have the ability to qualify opportunities and converse with buyers proficiently with or without an SE’s assistance. This is an opportunity to own these products throughout the full sales cycle as you will also be working across the direct sales regional AE teams to generate pipeline and close business. As such, you will work in a pod-like structure with other AEs, an SE, a product marketing manager, and the associated product managers as you all drive toward a new ACV bookings target.
This position reports to the VP of Sales with regular contact and collaboration with various members of sales, marketing, product, SE team, support and members of the SLT. East Coast location is desired and Raleigh Durham NC area is ideal.
- With demonstrated experience in the Data Virtualization market, you will sell into highly technical buyers, such as developers, data engineers/architects, and enterprise selling into decision makers in IT and shadow IT. Experience/knowledge with the business use cases for data virtualization technologies is critical.
- You will own the full view of every opportunity under management, including technical blockers, buying process, and POC status. As such, you will properly quarterback each opportunity with the Pod team supporting the deal until successful close.
- Responsible for partnering with customers through technical Cloud trials, bringing in appropriate CData resources as needed to ensure success.
- You will be responsible for partnering with Pod team members to increase pipeline and drive a high velocity sales process.
- You will work across the regional sales team members and Account Manager teams to generate expansion opportunities with existing customers.
- 10+ years of progressive sales experience in a complex software organization focused on technical buyers, with demonstrated technical and business acumen.
- First-hand experience in the Data Virtualization space selling to technical buyers and understanding the competitive landscape. Ability to be functional with Connect Cloud (demos and understanding of functionality)
- Proven ability to meet or exceed targets and experience working through complex software evaluations with enterprise prospects and customers.
- Excellent communications skills, and can bring team members and functions together, rallying around product-oriented shared objectives and providing a clear line of site to achieving goals.
- Experience driving a rigorous sales process managing opportunities with clean pipeline and Salesforce opportunity management rigor.
- Understands technical buyers and domain knowledge in data management and analytics and the ability to quickly ramp up to speed with CData products. Understanding of the business case surrounding Data Virtualization projects.
- Dynamic, confident personality with the ability to successfully knock down challenges and come up with new ideas to improve business results.
- Ability to present effectively in front of internal or external executive audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate larger value-based enterprise level deals in partnership with executives.
- Relevant company experience working in a $30-$120M software company, 150 – 500 employees.
Travel Required: Some travel is expected. Travel to Chapel Hill, NC headquarters, customer events, large prospective customer visits, etc. on an as needed basis for work purposes is required.
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 20 Days of PTO
- Employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (100% for employee, 50% for dependents)
- HSA with Company Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with 6% Immediately Vested Company Match
- Professional development opportunities
CData is not currently registered as an employer in the following states, and therefore, applicants from these states will not be considered: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
CData Software is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
CData Software Headquarters Location
Chapel Hill, NC
CData Software Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
CData Software Founded Year