Product Marketing Manager - SettleView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Marketing Manager
- Job Location
- Remote, New York (NY), or San Francisco (CA)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About the Opportunity
Settle is on a mission to change the way that businesses pay other businesses. Since the company’s inception in 2019, we’ve been building a cashflow management platform that allows founders and small business owners to more easily manage their company’s financial health with a mix of accounts payable and flexible financing tools. We already work with some amazing brands that you probably know and love, like Starface, Ghia, and Italic.
We’re growing quickly and looking to expand our small-but-mighty marketing team from two to three. This role will offer an exciting hands-on opportunity for a builder to lay the foundation for, and fuel our growth with digital campaigns of all types, from email to PPC and more. You’ll help deploy cross-channel campaigns in conjunction with industry events/tradeshows to maximize lead generation and ultimately conversions. As the third member of the marketing team, you’ll have a unique chance to drive the long-term direction of the org and plenty of opportunity for personal career growth as well.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Drive measurable impact to the business through marketing strategies which deliver customer acquisition, activation, retention, and upselling
- Collaborate with Product, Customer Success, and Revenue/Sales to optimize marketing strategies and enable the sales team
- Source and manage external contractors and agencies to augment marketing efforts when needed
This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product and feature launches.
You will have a deep understanding of our competitive landscape. You will also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of marketing strategies, product positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with the rest of our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; providing enablement to the latter so that they have what they need to drive revenue.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
What Sets You Apart
- 5+ years experience in a B2B marketing role, ideally product marketing management
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics
- Power user of networking tools such as Slack, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Previous experience managing agencies or freelancers
- Great at identifying gaps and asking questions to find a solution (rather than waiting for a solution to fall into your lap)
- Bonus: a personal interest in DTC/CPG/Ecomm industry or fintech, or both
This role has an annual starting salary range of $155,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills and experience.
Who We Are
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from wherever you are. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. Our benefits are competitive, our time off is flexible, and our compensation packages include equity.
Check out this Techcrunch article and Kleiner blog post.
Our Commitment to You
At Settle we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.
Settle Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Settle Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Settle Founded Year
Settle Total Amount Raised
Settle Funding RoundsView funding details