Product Marketing Manager, Emerging Markets - NianticView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Marketing Manager, Emerging Markets
- Job Location
- Tokyo, Japan
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Come on board and help craft how real-world games are positioned and presented to the world. As a PMM, you will lead, build and drive product emerging marketing strategies for Niantic’s real-world Augmented Reality mobile games. Part creative, part analytical, this role will make you flex your strategic and tactical muscle to help launch and run campaigns, drive growth, increase retention and build user happiness in our quest to get the world exploring more with our games. Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll experience meticulous learning and development, mentoring from senior leaders in the company, and opportunities to lead an array of initiatives spanning multiple markets. And, most importantly, you’ll have tons of fun.
- Adopt global product positioning to emerging market requirements.
- Define and implement go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with cross-functional collaborators such as Global Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Legal, Marketing, and Communications/PR teams.
- Maintain relationships with regional key business partners and drive regional alignment on major marketing initiatives with our distributed team members from global offices.
- Build and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications in Emerging Markets.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; conceptualize and action on partner marketing programs.
- Implement the Live-Ops strategy & programs with relevant team members.
- Analyze, track and interpret product and marketing metrics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 4+ years of relevant marketing experience (ideally in F2P/freemium businesses on mobile) in areas including:
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market and driven dynamics.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Mobile paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products, customers, and market dynamics (ideally in the mobile apps/gaming space).
- Social media marketing; familiarity with Community management & engagement strategies a plus.
- Shown capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with the ability to lead sophisticated projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passionated for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic and competitive position in the market.
- Strong understanding of the competitive landscape in markets such as Brazil, India, the Philippines, Russia, Turkey, etc.
- You are proficient in other languages relevant to markets such as Latin America, Brazil, Southeast Asia.
- Passionated for Niantic games!
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Niantic Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Niantic Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Niantic Founded Year
Niantic Total Amount Raised
Niantic Funding RoundsView funding details