Product Marketing Lead, User - RobloxView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Marketing Lead, User
- Job Location
- San Mateo, CA, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Lead to partner closely with our Roblox User group. The User group is building innovations to enable 1 billion people to connect, play, learn, and work together. Products developed by the User Group include the Roblox apps on all platforms, the social graph, communication tools including chat, and communities. This person will drive the marketing strategy, including positioning, messaging, and channel planning for all critical product features.
This role will be highly cross-functional with close relationships across Product, Engineering, Developer Relations, Marketing, and Data Science & Analytics. You have outstanding marketing strategy and execution skills, with experience in technical product marketing.
This role is located at our headquarters in San Mateo, California. #LI-Onsite
- Drive the marketing strategy, messaging, and positioning for all our User Group products: the Roblox apps on all platforms, the social graph, communication tools including chat, and communities
- Manage the Product Marketers for the User and Growth Groups
- Develop compelling, evergreen content that educates users and all stakeholders (developers, creators, influencers, etc. as relevant) on the product experience and drives use and engagement
- Anticipate movement within our competitive space and users to predict market trends and product needs
- Foster deep cross-collaboration between Product, Engineering, Marketing, Comms, Partnerships, and Developer teams. Become a trusted advisor to these departments. Ability to drive alignment with leadership on compelling strategies and sensitive topics
- Effectively communicate product details internally and externally. The goal is to make sure that all company partners are fully up-to-speed on launch details and external stakeholders have a smooth onboarding on any changes to their experience
- Partner with Product Management to support the vision for our roadmap through the eyes of developers
- Collect and communicate compelling feedback to fuel consistent improvement to existing products and communication
- Report to Head of Product Marketing
- 7+ years of product marketing experience preferably with a leading global platform
- Experience leading omnichannel product marketing strategies
- Proficient in messaging, positioning and marketing/content strategy
- Experience driving cross-functional alignment and working closely with product stakeholders at all levels
- Collaborative, globally minded with a high level of audience focus
- Effective being hands-on with individual projects
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- Attention to detail including precise and effective communications
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience managing Product Marketing Managers is a plus, not required
- Experience as a novice creator with Roblox Studio and Lua programming, or another game engine is a plus, not required
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$225,280—$260,790 USDFor roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.Annual Salary Range$225,280—$260,790 USD
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Roblox Headquarters Location
San Mateo, CA
Roblox Company Size
Between 1,190 - 10,000 employees
Roblox Founded Year
Roblox Total Amount Raised
Roblox Funding RoundsView funding details