Product Manager, Members & Communication - LeagueAppsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Manager, Members & Communication
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are:
As Nelson Mandela said, “Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does.”
At LeagueApps, we agree. Mission-driven at our core, every member of our team is committed to a world where all kids and communities can benefit from youth sports. We help leading youth sports organizations operate, engage, and win with the industry's most comprehensive youth sports management platform. We power thousands of clubs, camps, tournaments, and leagues, and reach millions of participants each day.
Beyond our technology, we’re focused on developing the industry’s youth sports leaders through our NextUp: Youth Sports Management Community—providing them with opportunities for professional development and networking. Through events, content, and leadership development programming, we’re taking youth sports management to the next level. Through our FundPlay program, we provide support to sports-based youth development organizations that bring sports experiences to hundreds of thousands of underserved kids and communities. We are also founding members and leaders of the PLAY Sports Coalition, a group that advocates for youth sports at the national level.
LeagueApps is positioned for continued rapid growth, with financing from leading institutional and individual investors including Contour Venture Partners, Major League Baseball, Elysian Park Ventures, Julie Foudy, and Shane Battier, We were recognized by Deloitte's Fast 500 list in 2019 and 2020. We were ranked in the top 25 “Best Employers in Sports” by Front Office Sports, and named a "Best Place to Work" by Inc. and by BuiltIn NYC.
What You’ll Do:
1) Define vision and roadmap and plan releases for your product area
- Develop the vision for your product area: Members & Communication
- Conduct ongoing internal and external discovery to understand context, business needs, and identify priority problems to solve.
- Know your market: keep up with industry trends and competition to feed into strategies and roadmap development.
- Work closely with design, engineering, and other stakeholders to ideate on solutions.
- Define and propose roadmaps that deliver ongoing value to LeagueApps’ users and impact on our objectives.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
2) Manage execution with your squad
- Own the product backlog for your squad.
- Generate user stories, write acceptance criteria (in JIRA) and groom sprint tickets in very close collaboration with engineers and design for your squad
- Manage the day to day Agile ceremonies with your Squad.
- Review and accept tickets for release.
- Organize canary and/or UAT sessions.
3) Define and Measure success
- Collaborate with data analysts to identify quantitative goals for feature epics.
- Track and analyze product data to determine impact of product releases on epic goals and OKRs.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in product management, ideally within B2B2C SaaS web and mobile products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Data Science, or a related field.
- Ability to conceptualize new features and products.
- Strong product discovery and Agile methodologies for the entire product lifecycle.
- Natural collaborator and enjoy working in teams to identify and implement great solutions.
- Out of the box thinker, with strong problem solving skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary: $140,000-$165,000
- Equity Grants: Every employee is an owner in our Company
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, HSA
- Commuter Benefits
- Home-Office Stipend
- Sports Leagues subsidies for employees and their children
- Cell phone and gym subsidies (including Class Pass, Citi Bike, and New York Sports Club)
- Mental Health Resources; Talk Space and Calm
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering and grant-making
LeagueApps is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization, and to helping youth sports organizers across the country do the same.
The duties listed are not exclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed or desired by the employer to meet business needs. The employer reserves the right to change, add to or eliminate positions as it deems appropriate. Your employment will be at-will, meaning you or LeagueApps Inc. may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or advance notice, for any reason.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes benefits, and other opportunities at LeagueApps. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal pay parity relative to other LeagueApps employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at LeagueApps to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
LeagueApps Headquarters Location
New York, NY
LeagueApps Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
LeagueApps Founded Year
LeagueApps Total Amount Raised
LeagueApps Funding RoundsView funding details