Product Manager, Marketing Technology - AirbnbView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Manager, Marketing Technology
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Marketing Technology is a platform team with the goal of delivering best-in-class tools and platforms that are used by our stakeholders in Marketing (Engagement, Brand and Performance, Creative), the Guest and Hosting product teams, Policy, Sales and more. Our mission is to enable teams to deliver highly personalized and relevant content to the Airbnb community, both onsite and offsite.
The Marketing Technology team powers all digital marketing channels including landing pages, email, push, SMS, and digital advertising, as well as the machine learning and data pipelines that feed into the management and optimization of these channels.
The Difference You Will Make:
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company - our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community first and work backward from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands-on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. As Product Manager, you will be responsible for owning key platform horizontals that together allow us to reach our community of Guests and Hosts with the right content, at the right time and on the right channels.
A Typical Day:
- Establish product vision for your platform area that connects into the broader Marketing Technology platform strategy
- Partner with Marketing, Product, TPM, and Data Science to understand goals and establish success criteria with clearly measurable objectives and key results to deliver a great user experience
- Develop the product roadmap, get alignment on prioritization and timelines to meet business goals.
- Collaborate to define and maintain overall vision for MarTech products and platform by both inbound and outbound efforts
- Partner with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers and Data Scientists to execute efficiently and deliver impact for our business and users
- Develop a deep understanding of Airbnb's technology infrastructure and business verticals to build products that integrate into our customers’ workflows
- 8+ years of product management experience, preferably building internal tools and platforms
- Domain experience in building marketing technology and growth platforms to support one or more of Landing pages, Email, Push, SMS, automated campaigns, ads
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces. Ability to create examples through wireframes and mockups
- Ability to prioritize and scope marketing requests balancing long term vision and short-term pain points
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution
- Big thinking. Should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable solutions
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical partners
- Experience building or supporting marketplace products is a plus
- Experience with machine learning / intelligence systems is a plus
- Current or previous experience being an Airbnb host, also a plus
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $180,000 and $230,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Airbnb Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Airbnb Company Size
Between 6,132 - 6,132 employees
Airbnb Founded Year
Airbnb Total Amount Raised
Airbnb Funding RoundsView funding details