Product Manager - Marketing Suite - MessageBirdView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Manager - Marketing Suite
- Job Location
- EMEA, Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Transform the communications world!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
- What’s my job title? Product Manager (Marketing Suite)
- Where in the world? You can work remotely from anywhere in the Netherlands, the UK or India.
- Working hours? For this role, you will operate within Central European Time (CET)
- What language(s) will I speak? Fluency in English
MessageBird is transforming the way businesses communicate with their customers, and at the core of the platform, you will find our applications that cater to our customer needs. This includes the customer service suite, marketing suite and the operations suite.
As a Product Manager focussing on the Marketing Suite, you will drive the vision, strategy, roadmap & execution of the Marketing suite products like campaigns, CDP integrations, analytics and the Flow Builder (sequencing & triggers). You will work closely with other product owners (Channels, Chatbots, Onboarding, etc …) to develop the next generation features that’ll deliver superior customer experiences.
You will directly impact the revenue and gross profit of the company by helping grow the market share of the service suite products in multiple markets via various Go To Market motions. This is a high impact and a highly visible role that’ll demand strong product management chops, leadership skills and domain knowledge in marketing.
Strengths We Look For
- Customer Empathy - You care deeply about the customer’s experience, and seek to continuously understand how customers interact with our product. You work backward from the desired customer experience to define your roadmap.
- Technical Aptitude - You understand the solution details, and work alongside engineers to help make informed tradeoff decisions so that we deliver value to customers faster.
- Eye for Action - You’re not intimidated by the complexity and seek to separate what is important from what is urgent. You make tough data-driven decisions to deliver an impact that customers love and value.
- Innate Leadership - You champion the needs of the customer and the needs of your team. You value clarity and transparency and have a drive for consistency and quality that inspires others to follow.
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for driving the vision and the strategy of the marketing suite working directly with the VP of Product, Marketing Suite.
- You will ruthlessly prioritise the core features that will accelerate the growth of the business by having a keen knowledge of the market, current customers and data.
- You will own the end-to-end execution of the marketing products, particularly the campaigns & analytics products and develop features that help marketers achieve their campaign objectives
- You will work closely with other product teams that will act as internal customers, building the marketing functionality by integrating with other products like the Flow Builder, Studio and Chatbots
- You will play a prominent role in defining the messaging and positioning of the suite, alongside Product Marketing, and will work closely with commercial teams to enable bringing the product to market.
- Alongside engineering, you will ensure the products you own are available across the globe and are capable of handling high volume of traffic and throughput.
- You will be responsible for following market trends regarding the usage of the products you own, and crafting a strategy and roadmap that gives our customers the functionality they need to tap into the ever-evolving business messaging market.
- You will act as the voice of the customer in internal meetings, ensuring your colleagues understand customer needs, and the strategy as to how we’re going to meet them.
- Your strong stakeholder management helps you understand the priorities of your engineering, operations and business partners so that your roadmap has the right mix of platform and product priorities to support our value and growth goals.
- You will present in key forums both internally (All hands, Townhalls) and externally (Conferences, Panels) as a thought leader.
Experience We Look For
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Product Management, having successfully delivered products in the market, increasing the market share.
- A minimum 2 years experience leading high tech engineering teams to deliver complex technical solutions.
- You have a strong understanding of the marketing industry - customer personas, campaign objectives, channel mix and key competitors
- You are a good communicator and a storyteller and can rally teams via influence and thought leadership
- You can make the tough decisions and be on customer calls to present our roadmap, and understand their pain points.
- You are comfortable with zooming-in (tactical) and zooming-out (strategic)
- You understand the world of Platforms, Ecosystems and APIs and can apply that understanding to build standout developer experiences.
- You have experience working closely with vendors, building on top of the functionality they give us access to, in order to bring a differentiated product to market.
- You have experience building highly scalable and reliable transactional platforms and communication solutions.
- You are insatiably curious and taking a look under the hood helps you learn and adapt.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced organisation with an agile product-engineering environment.
- Previous hands-on software development experience building scalable technical solutions.
What We will Expect from You
Strategy & Alignment
- Understand the needs of the customer, and the needs of the business. Help us align the two via a clear strategic approach and impactful roadmap.
- Understand the state of the market to inform your strategic positioning.
- Plan your roadmap with internal stakeholders, product designers, and your development teams.
- Identify opportunities and initiatives to enable MessageBird to scalably meet high customer demand.
- Define the scope of work: break down initiatives into releases, epics, and stories. Set definition of done and success criteria.
- Get Sh*t Done: instill urgency by creating measurable objectives and deadlines
- Balance speed of development without sacrificing quality.
- Build relationships with your engineering, design, and customer success peers to effectively coordinate development efforts.
- Track and manage dependencies across multiple development teams and business functions.
- Define and track success measures and metrics for your products and initiatives.
- Communicate progress through regular demos, walkthroughs, and metrics analysis.
- Contribute to GTM team enablement efforts as the subject matter expert by creating documentation, walkthroughs, and presentations.
After you apply, you will hear back from us within a few days. If there’s a fit, the full process is as follows:
↳ [30 mins] Recruiter Screen
↳ [45 mins] Hiring Manager Interview
↳ [45 mins] Narrative assignment review
↳ [90 mins] Team Interviews
↳ [60 mins] Executive interviews
What You’ll Gain
- Remote-friendly environment
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- Opportunity to work abroad according to our internal policies
- Flexible working arrangements
- Home office set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Contribution towards your utility costs
- The occasional company-wide and team events
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues Our amazing team works in close to 40 different locations with almost 50+ nationalities across the board!
Life at MessageBird
We call ourselves Birds! We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 30,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Wherever and however you do your best work - we’ve got you covered!
Headquartered in Amsterdam and with other global offices in Singapore, London and Maryland, we’re proud to be a remote-friendly company nested in flexibility. Employees can choose to work from one of our global offices, fully remotely in your country of employment, or a mix of the two. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 550+ Birds who represent 50+ nationalities and counting.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Recruitment Privacy Statement:
MessageBird Headquarters Location
MessageBird Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
MessageBird Founded Year
MessageBird Total Amount Raised
MessageBird Funding RoundsView funding details