Product Manager, Local Payment Methods - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Manager, Local Payment Methods
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Product Manager, Local Payment Methods
As part of the Local and Alternative Payments team, you will be responsible for a set of implemented Local and Alternative Payment Methods of similar technology and take the lead to optimize them on our platform. Also, you will identify, scope and deliver new connections where strategically relevant. You will be formalising projects and guiding the Development team on implementation, as well as working with Account Management, Sales, Marketing, and various operational teams to communicate about your product, together with the Partnership manager and Business Analyst. As such, the ideal candidate thrives on a diverse role across the entire lifecycle of a product, wearing many hats to see Adyen’s goals through conception, implementation, launch, and iteration.
What you’ll do
- End-to-end responsibility for a set of payment methods: Act as the single point-of-contact for a selection of Local Payment Methods, taking full ownership internally as well as externally. This includes working with cross-functional colleagues across the company as well as the Partners to achieve all aspects of the product. Including analysing and addressing operational issues;
- Business and Technical Analysis: Identify what (potential) new payment methods have to offer, how they would fit into Adyen’s overall product offering, and create value for our customers;
- Technical Proposals: Scope a varying degree of projects, from relatively small improvements and bug fixes to large changes in infrastructure and product. Be able to create a technical proposal that can be delivered to the developer for implementation;
- Project Tracking and Implementation: Be the driving force behind proper project tracking and the continual implementation of needed tasks; ensure that there is a source of truth for the tasks at hand.
- Knowledge sharing: Enable the rest of the organisation to use all aspects of the Adyen product you are managing to the maximum, by passing on your knowledge including technical (features) and competition;
Who you are
- Payments Background: Experience with payments (e.g. Sepa direct debit, Open banking, Online banking, Ideal…) is a plus;
- Technical Aptitude: Experience with programming and/or data analysis is a plus;
- Project Management: Previous experience seeing projects through from beginning to end and owning the entire process;
- Flexibility: As the ‘go to’ person, the Product Manager has to wear many hats. Comfortable with going from a meeting with an engineer, a marketer, and an account manager all in one afternoon, tailoring messaging based on the audience;
- Communication: Exceptional people skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Adyen;
- Global Perspective: Ability to work seamlessly with a global, multicultural team;
- Results Oriented: Proven record of high performance managing complex initiatives to achieve outstanding results. A strong understanding of the importance of data, providing actionable insights, and tracking the success of those initiatives;
- Experience: You have around 3-4 years of relevant product experience.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Total Amount Raised
Adyen Funding RoundsView funding details