Product Manager, Honolulu - Rhombus PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Manager, Honolulu
- Job Location
- Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Rhombus Power is seeking a Product Manager to manage the delivery of complex enterprise AI software deployments. Candidates are expected to bring a strong track record of driving tangible business value and outcomes for DOD customers, with proven technical expertise and leadership experience in application development, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and with data integration.
The Product Manager will work with customer stakeholders to define use cases, translate use cases into specifications, quantify and track business value, provide oversight to technical teams and data scientists to drive measurable outcomes, and work across technical teams to proliferate our AI software.
This position requires technical aptitude and a combination of skills: strategy consulting, facilitation, stakeholder management, project management, process optimization, analytics, and AI methods - a person who loves fixing problems and always brings their best to work. As this position will be our “eyes and ears” in Honolulu, the Product Manager will be the primary driver for identifying significant opportunities, and driving product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader organizational strategies and goals.
The position is available immediately, and will be based in Honolulu, HI.
This role requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residence. Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or higher) is highly preferred.
Successful candidates will oversee the entire software implementation life cycle and accomplish the following activities:
- Collaborate with customers to craft compelling use cases that drive business value, translate use cases into requirements and specifications, validate the tractability and define the data requirements for AI use cases.
- Quantify and track value metrics that can be realized from Rhombus Power’s enterprise AI software.
- Advise executive customer stakeholders on future use case roadmap and implementation plans aligned to Rhombus Power’s solutions and drive customer success and adoption with a focus on customer retention, advocacy and expansion.
- Turn business requirements into application features and capabilities, map use cases to granular team tasks and produce detailed production project work plans.
- Lead the engagement team to perform implementation activities in collaboration with Rhombus Power team members from Application Development, Data Integration, Solution Architecture, Data Science, Products, QA, and DevOps.
- Dive into technical details and lead activities to ensure successful delivery to our customers (e.g., functional scoping, application and data integration quality assurance, deliver training, issue debugging and resolution).
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, remove obstacles and accelerate the path to customer success, track and address risks before they become issues, solve delivery challenges, addressing resource contention, scoping issues and managing expectations.
- Develop high quality and polished internal and external deliverables and other documentation to enable customer success, building a trusted advisor relationship.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with customers, define and interpret the AI results in the customer's business context.
- Provide oversight to the data science team and ensure a compelling outcome.
- Provides monthly status reports and clearly communicates program successes and issues to reflect performance as compared to the program's baseline and performance standards.
- Ensure the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the life cycle. (design, development, testing and evaluation, production and disposition)
- Represent the program and the client in interactions with stakeholders; be comfortable with briefings, demos, etc.
- A Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or similar field; Advanced Engineering degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years delivery management experience with enterprise solutions.
- Experience leading engagements with substantial exposure and involvement with data science, cloud infrastructure, solution architecture, application development, and data engineering.
- Credible customer presence, capable of stepping into a trusted advisor role.
- Data-driven, analytically oriented, with a commitment to process improvement.
- Ability to successfully communicate and work with senior-level stakeholders.
- Leadership experience, the ability to enforce good project governance and promote delivery excellence.
- Effectively work across customer and internal teams to problem solve, define scope, write technical specifications, quantify and track success metrics, and manage against a plan.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate between the business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both.
- Excellent presentation, written, communication with keen attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- This role requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residence. Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or higher) is highly preferred.
Rhombus Power Inc. (Rhombus) is a NASA Research Park startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We use cutting-edge cross-disciplinary approaches to solve pressing Big Data and Sensing problems in security, energy and healthcare. Our advisory board includes two Nobel Laureates and a Draper Prize winner.
Rhombus compensates, motivates, and develops employees, who are trusted, empowered, and involved. Employees have clear roles and expectations – and their roles are flexible enough to move at the speed of innovation in order to meet and exceed client expectations. We have a unique culture of global purpose, rooted in the innovation and progress of Silicon Valley.
Rhombus knows that diversity is a condition for success. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Rhombus Power Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Rhombus Power Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
Rhombus Power Founded Year