Product Manager - CloudianView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Manager
- Job Location
- US - Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Cloudian, a Silicon Valley-based technology company specializing in enterprise object storage systems, is the most widely deployed independent provider of object storage and the leader in data management software for the hybrid cloud. Cloudian’s platform, the HyperStore® datalake, was launched in 2011.
Cloudian lets users take sovereign control of their data with an AI-ready, multi-tenant, secure hybrid datalake for their S3-compatible and file-based applications. The unified platform consolidates, manages, and protects object and file data at the edge, core, and in the cloud, for both conventional and modern applications such as AI, data observability, and data protection.
Cloudian has achieved record bookings for eight consecutive years and partners closely with other leading companies such as AWS, Lenovo, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Reseller partners worldwide include WWT, ePlus, and CDW. Investors include Goldman Sachs, Intel Capital, Digital Alpha, INCJ, Eight Roads (the proprietary investment arm of FIL, Fidelity International Limited), Lenovo, City National Bank, Japan Post Investment Corporation, Tinshed Asia, Wilson Sonsini Investments, and Epsilon Venture Partners.
About the Job:
As a Product Manager at Cloudian, you will lead research, design, and development activities to guide and support the lifecycle management of our technology products. Your role involves ensuring that the product roadmap aligns with the business goals and strategy, incorporating market intelligence and addressing customer needs. You will coordinate product delivery schedules, manage feature request priorities, and help to ensure timely and budget-friendly product releases. Building and maintaining relationships with vendors and customers is crucial to understanding their needs, market trends, and innovative technologies.
Furthermore, the Product Manager collaborates with various teams such as sales, support, marketing, engineering, and operations to ensure the proper implementation of stakeholder needs. Adhering to standard operating policies and procedures, you will be a key contributor to facilitate the rapid development and implementation of new products or features. You always seek to gain a deeper understanding of the managed product, market landscape, and to improve the overall effectiveness of the product management function within the company.
- Establish yourself as the subject matter expert in the product.
- Manage, support, and enhance your product(s) throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Conduct technical presentations with customers and partners, gathering feedback to influence product and solution offerings.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to understand their pain points and requirements.
- Define user stories, product specifications, and acceptance criteria to effectively communicate product requirements and vision to the development team.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor products, and emerging technologies.
- Analyze customer feedback and usage data to make informed product decisions.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to develop go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful product launch and adoption.
- Foster a customer-centric culture within the product team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Possess technical acumen to guide product development.
- Experience with Agile/Waterfall/Lean product development methodologies.
- Act as an evangelist for the product, assisting with demos and training when necessary.
- 3-5 years in product planning or other engineering-related experience.
- Prioritize and inherently understand delivering value iteratively.
- Experience presenting findings and recommendations to C-level audiences.
- Effective collaboration and partnership-building at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated success in developing and launching successful products.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills, able to work across teams.
- BS/BA in a technical field required, MBA or equivalent experience highly desired.
- Basic scripting knowledge and experience with Linux is desired.
- Familiarity with Atlassian, Confluence, and Salesforce is desired.
- Defining hardware server specifications and qualification experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with storage and cloud technologies is a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time.
Cloudian, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PLEASE NOTE: We are a Federal contractor, and as such must adhere to he Federal regulations regarding COVID-19 vaccination. If you are based in the United States, you must provide your proof of COVID-19 vaccination within 3 business days of your start date.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Cloudian Headquarters Location
San Mateo, CA
Cloudian Company Size
Between 38 - 500 employees
Cloudian Founded Year
Cloudian Total Amount Raised
Cloudian Funding RoundsView funding details