Product Manager - ApptronikView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Manager
- Job Location
- Austin, TX
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robot designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, to walk like humans do, and to dexterously manipulate objects with its hands and upper body.
We seek a Product Manager with demonstrated experience in managing interdisciplinary teams through a full product life cycle. In this role, you will be establishing a new product line based on our demonstrated Scorpio technology. You will work to develop product requirements with our business development team and by engaging directly with external customers. You will work with our engineering team to understand the trade space between product features, level of effort, risk, budget, time to market, etc.
- Work with Business Development to understand customer needs
- Translate customer needs into product requirements
- Work with Engineering to understand trade space between requirements, resources, timeline, risks, and budget
- Lead collaborative product standup and definition, architecting an overall product plan taking into account input from all stakeholders
- Stand-up project to include initial build-out of work breakdown structures, schedules, and budget
- Interact daily with company executive leadership to provide product updates and strategic insight
- BS Degree in an Engineering field, preferred
- 3+ year's experience in product management of hardware platforms
- Demonstrated success in leading a product through the entire life cycle - from conception to launch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent individual management and organizational leadership skills
- Technical or engineering background
Nice to Have
- Experience with robotics or automotive industries
- Experience with New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Product certification experience (ANSI/RIA R15.08 or similar)
- Competitive base w/ benefits
- Highly motivating equity incentive package
- Hybrid work schedule (i.e. work from home in some capacity)
- Flexible work hours policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k plan
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Apptronik Headquarters Location
Apptronik Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Apptronik Founded Year
Apptronik Total Amount Raised
Apptronik Funding RoundsView funding details