Product Manager - AccelaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Manager
- Job Location
- Remote Based
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Product Management is charged with being the customer’s voice within Accela. They drive product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions. We are defining innovative solutions for Governments to be more productive and better serve their citizens. You will create business cases, product roadmaps, product requirements and collaborate with senior management, engineering, sales, support, marketing and with partners and customers. This position requires proven communication and collaboration skills and a track record of interacting with technical, product, and marketing teams. You must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills, good business sense, and experience with SaaS software business and development processes.
- Manage the roadmap and priorities for Accela’s platform capabilities, including core technology components, Rest APIs, document upload management and other key capabilities that are leveraged by Accela applications.
- Write and prioritize user stories that detail functional and non-functional requirements. Work with development, QA and other teams to groom stories and estimate story points.
- Work with PMO and scrum team in agile development process and ensure team delivers on desired product outcomes.
- Collaborate with other product managers to understand their priorities and dependencies on the platform roadmap and align roadmap to meet business objectives of the company.
- Work with customers, partners, and key stakeholders to define business use cases and technical approach for development. Be able to communicate the business value and technical rationale behind your product decisions and how they are aligned with company goals.
- Evangelize technologies and architectural solutions within Accela and to partners and customer community.
- Create and track KPIs that define the success of your product and that define the overall performance and reliability of the system.
- Work with product marketing, sales, support and delivery to ensure all teams can effectively sell and implement your product vision. Create feedback loop to gather field input and translate back to product enhancements.
- 4-5 years of experience in full life-cycle Product Management, with proven track record of delivering successful enterprise software or SaaS products. Highly prefer experience as a platform or technical product manage, in a role defines technology solutions that drive business outcomes.
- Must be familiar with SaaS technology and architecture; azure or AWS preferred.
- Experience writing requirements for REST APIs and managing requirements that cater to developers and system administrators.
- Previous experience in enterprise software managing platform components and capabilities that are used by application teams.
- Technical expertise in SaaS application architecture and deployment, including service-oriented architecture, containerized deployment models, Java, SQL, and analytics/monitoring tools, such as Datadog.
- Experience defining and driving the success of both functional and non-functional product requirements and managing dependencies across multiple scrum teams.
- Proven experience working in a product driven company building a successful solution.
- Previous experience presenting product vision, business results and driving collaborative discussion among large teams, to business stakeholders and executives.
- Experience as a product manager in an agile environment with remote teams and working with a cross-functional team to influence and lead across all parts of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with a track record of measuring and reporting key performance indicators including system performance and usage.
- Strong communication and presentation skills addressing large audiences.
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Accela Headquarters Location
San Ramon, CA
Accela Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Accela Founded Year
Accela Funding Rounds