Product Designer - InStrideView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Product Designer
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
- InStride is a tech-enabled services company that is pioneering new approaches to workforce education solutions with a mission of driving meaningful social and business outcomes by unlocking access to life-changing education. In collaboration with quality academic institutions, we enable employers to provide career-aligned, debt-free education through a personalized, digital platform and a consultative service model.Read further to see how you can be part of the movement to drive businesses and society forward through life-changing, best-in-class workforce education.
InStride is looking for a Product Designer to work across every stage of product development, from problem validation and discovery of differentiated solutions to the craft and finish of every design detail in the product. You’ll be a design owner of a product domain, playing a key role in how the InStride platform creates a meaningful impact on our users.
You have proven skills in conceptual design, interaction design, information architecture, visual design and responsive web design. You collaborate well with product and tech to design and implement simple solutions to complex problems. You’re a skilled communicator who applies an empathetic, user-centered approach to problem-solving.
We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, work collaboratively and care immensely about the InStride mission. We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and are always looking for ways to be better.
- 1+ year(s) experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, or product designer or related
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of relevant experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch and other design tools
- Experience designing and shipping responsive design products
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Creative and resourceful
- Knowledge of design systems with an understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with user testing, research, and/or prototyping
- A self starter with experience working in a collaborative team environment delivering high-quality design solutions
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and designing for diverse user needs to ensure an inclusive user experience
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of driving business outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively eloquently communicate designs, ideas, and stories
Target base compensation amount for this role outlined below. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts shown below.$80,000—$100,000 USDWe believe that a company’s richest resource is their employees, and that investments in people yield the highest returns for individuals, businesses, and society as a whole. That’s why every InStride employee is eligible to enroll in 3,100+ online certificate and degree programs through our Step Forward program. Unlike traditional tuition reimbursement programs, InStride covers your tuition upfront, regardless of your course of study, degree type, or school. The Step Forward program, along with InStride’s best-in-class employee benefits, are available to all employees from the day they join InStride.
- Partner with cross-functional peers across Product Management, Engineering and Content Design to deliver timely and user-centered designer
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes and final design documentation
- Engage in user research, usability testing, analysis, and data-driven design decisions
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including Product Designers and cross-functional teammates
- Ensure design consistency, accessibility, and alignment with the product roadmap
- Lead with empathy, drive solutions, validate with data, ensuring the final product is exactly what our end-users need
- Support the team with design QA from sprint to sprint
InStride Headquarters Location
InStride Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
InStride Founded Year