Producer I, Content, Pokémon GO - NianticView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Producer I, Content, Pokémon GO
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Are you ready to drive a game that brings a positive impact to the world through the power of mobile and location technologies? We’re looking for a bold and innovative Producer to manage multiple production pipelines for Pokémon GO. This role would support the Live Game team and the execution of Live Operations and Features from concept through launch. The ideal candidate would be an authentic Pokémon GO fan who has experience with mobile game production and managing freelance vendors.
A combination of technical aptitude, Pokémon brand knowledge, and creative thinking are required to be successful in this role. Join the team and make a positive impact on millions of Trainers around the world.
- Manage the content production schedule of Pokémon GO.
- Optimize capacity on team efficiency and velocity across the project in concert with the art and tech art team.
- Ensure key developmental objectives and production milestones are met.
- Coordinate QA to ensure assets are properly set up and tested before going live.
- Maintain and manage external freelance vendors to deliver copywriting for in-game events, features and initiatives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with brand partners, navigating approval hurdles to successfully land a cohesive end product.
- Break down multifaceted issues into workable components to guide projects from creation to launch.
- Engage with the team to keep them apprised of current production statuses as well as presenting data-driven results and recaps.
- Document and share relevant production processes, and continually improve the production process.
- Required in-office 2 days on Wednesday and Thursday.
- 2+ years experience in a production role for a live service mobile game.
- 2+ years Experience with production processes and methodologies including Agile, SCRUM and waterfall, as well as when and how to apply them to multi-disciplinary game teams.
- Experience and expertise in working with writers and artists; positively and effectively managing creative teams with clear timelines and deadlines
- Experience working with an external partner and managing vendors.
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira.
- You are able to demonstrate extraordinary organization, communication, detail-oriented, and leadership skills while working on cross-functional teams (design, engineering, production, etc.).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Desire to learn new methodologies and tools, and ability to coach and teach others.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You love Pokémon GO.
- You have localization experience.
- You are fluent in Japanese.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $114,000 - $134,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Niantic Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Niantic Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Niantic Founded Year
Niantic Total Amount Raised
Niantic Funding RoundsView funding details