Process Safety Manager - Kairos PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Process Safety Manager
- Job Location
- Albuquerque, NM
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Kairos Power is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power is seeking a highly motivated Process Safety Management (PSM) Manager. In this role, you will be accountable for the development and implementation of compliant PSM and RMP Programs for Kairos Power at our facility near Albuquerque, New Mexico. Working with the EHS Director, this position will be tasked with developing programs to address each of the 14 elements of PSM as well as the additional requirements of the RMP regulation. In addition, the successful candidate will work with engineering design teams that are designing and building proposed manufacturing and power generating units at various Kairos Power sites.
- Develop and implement PSM and RMP programs in anticipation of facilities becoming subject to 29 CFR 1910.119 and 40 CFR Part 68.
- Collaborate with Engineering Teams to perform HAZOPs and PHAs on proposed projects during the design phase.
- Work with local EHS teams and operations teams to establish required Compliance Management System elements for the new PSM programs
- Work with local EHS teams as a Subject Matter Expert for PSM programs.
- Develop and coordinate an internal PSM audit program to supplement the required third-party audit program.
- Monitor and review any changes to applicable regulations at the local, state and federal level. Work with local EHS team to implement any modifications required by the regulatory changes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 10+ years of work experience in a chemical manufacturing or petroleum refining role with at least 5 of those years in a process safety focused position
- Trained HAZOP leader with extensive experience with at least one HAZOP software package
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership skills in EHS programs
- Experience working with Governmental Agencies at the local, state and federal level
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a highly integrated and collaborative team
- Ability to break down or modify complex EHS technical information as needed to communicate it orally or in writing to non-EHS Company staff
- Ability to work with highly collaborative team
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Prioritizes and ensures safety of one self and others
- Ability to proactively collect, manage and transfer knowledge
- Ability to seek different and novel ways to create efficiencies when working on problems, challenges and issues
- Experience in developing and implementing PSM/RMP Programs preferred
- Experience in implementation of LOPAs, PSSRs and Facility Siting Studies preferred
- Experience in Incident Investigations for Process Safety Incidents preferred
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps and the like
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Adjusting, moving, transporting, installing, positioning, or removing objects up to 20 pounds in all directions
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- General office environment
- High temperatures
- Outdoor environment or elements such as precipitation and wind
- Noisy environments
- Odors or fumes from chemicals or chemical reactions
- Evaluated heights
- Accessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- High-concentration, demanding and fast-paced
Safety and PPE
- Reading and interpreting hazardous warning signs
- Manipulating, cleaning and disposal of hazardous materials
- Reporting issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Wearing proper PPE, to include face mask, face shields, gloves, safety shoes
- Some travel may be required (10%)
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, full-time employees (excludes interns) expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities where we do business. Kairos Power is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.
Note: You are applying for a position that is located in a facility that handles information that is subject to export control restrictions by the Department of Energy under 10 CFR Part 810. To work in this facility, you need to be authorized by the Department of Energy to access Part 810-controlled information. Foreign nationals who are citizens of countries that are not on the Department of Energy’s general authorization list (link below) are not permitted to work in our facility unless the Department of Energy issues an export control license to the company to permit that individual to have access to Part 810-controlled information. The following questions are intended to determine the licensing requirements that may apply. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/10/appendix-A_to_part_810
Kairos Power Headquarters Location
Kairos Power Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Kairos Power Founded Year
Kairos Power Total Amount Raised
Kairos Power Funding RoundsView funding details