Process Development Chemist - Aether BiomachinesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Process Development Chemist
- Job Location
- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Description
This is an Exempt, Full Time position based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
Aether Biomachines is on a mission to build the post-scarcity future using peptide based nanotechnology as the driving force for the next industrial revolution. By creating the world's most advanced high-throughput robotic laboratory, we are generating data at unprecedented scales to fuel deep learning algorithms. We're assembling a diverse and dynamic team of self-starters, engineers, sci-fi enthusiasts, and visionaries, and we invite you to join us on this journey.
We're breaking barriers in laboratory automation to power world-class machine learning models with faster, broader, and more robust robotic sample processing systems. Our goal is to transform peptides from niche catalysts into general-purpose molecular assemblers using our platform, and enabling a future of abundance for the human race.
What we are looking for in you
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Process Development Chemist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and optimization of chemical processes for the manufacturing of enzymes and novel molecules/materials based on novel catalytic reactions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in synthetic chemistry and biology, and experience in process development, optimization, scale-up, and technology transfer. The job will involve working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful transfer of processes from the laboratory to manufacturing.
What you will be doing
- Design, develop, optimize, and scale-up chemical processes for the production of Aether products at grams and kilograms scale, leveraging Aether catalysts and synthetic chemistry
- Conduct experiments and analyze data to identify and resolve process-related issues.
- Work with the product development lead to improve the chemical process based on product testing
- Develop process flow diagrams, process control strategies, and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for manufacturing processes.
- Participate in technology transfer activities, including process scale-up and process troubleshooting.
What you must have
- Experience with various process equipment and technologies, including reaction vessels, filtration, distillation, crystallization, and drying.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with large datasets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate findings to cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, statistical analysis software, and other data visualization tools.
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field; Master's or PhD preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in process development, optimization, scale-up, and technology transfer.
- Strong background in synthetic chemistry and biology and experience in designing and optimizing catalytic chemical processes.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications?
We encourage anyone who thinks they would excel at Aether to apply, no matter their background or how they identify.
Benefits and Perks
- Full suite of health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Aether pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 90% of the premiums for dependents.
- Basic Life, AD&D, and Long Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- $125 Aether contribution per month for individuals
- $250 Aether contribution per month for employees with dependents/partners
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter FSA
- Up to $100 Aether match contribution per month
- Lab Personnel:
- $200 per month Aether taxable bonus if you live more than 25 miles from the office
- $100 per month Aether taxable bonus if you live less than 25 miles from the office
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off for Full-Time employees and 11 Paid Holidays
- Health Perks (EAP, Travel Assistance, Chiropractic and Acupuncture care)
- Company Perks (Equity, Socials, holiday parties, LifeMart Discounts, and more!)
- On-Site Services (Free EV charging, shuttle services, free meals while you work, free on-site fitness center, and more!)
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We believe that a diverse team can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of clients we seek to serve. As such, Aether Biomachines, Inc. is committed to a diverse representation among our employees. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Aether may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our California location.This is the pay range for this position that we reasonably expect to pay. Individual compensation is based on various factors, including experience, education, skillset, and geographic location. This range is for the SF Bay Area, California location, and may be adjusted to the labor market in other geographic areas.SF Bay Area Pay Range$144,000—$176,000 USD
Aether Biomachines Headquarters Location
Menlo Park, CA
Aether Biomachines Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Aether Biomachines Founded Year
Aether Biomachines Total Amount Raised
Aether Biomachines Funding RoundsView funding details