Principal Technical Writer (P5) - SmartBearView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal Technical Writer (P5)
- Job Location
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award-winning and industry favorite tools, TestComplete, Swagger, ReadyAPI, and Zephyr, are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
Principal Technical Writer
- Shape technical writing environment around themselves.
- Write with the reader in mind for leading testing and API products.
- Create metrics to monitor the impact of delightful writing artifacts.
Technical Writers at SmartBear write help deliverables for our broad software product portfolio to ensure high-quality user experience for our customers.
Go to our product page if you want to know more about SmartBear portfolio.
You can even have a free trial to check it out 😊
About the role:
As Principal Writer, you will take a central role in guiding the creation and upkeep of technical documentation within our organization. Your primary responsibility will be to lead by example in producing precise, easily understandable technical content that effectively conveys intricate information to our intended audience.
- Work with engineering and product management teams to gather requirements, create documentation plans, and schedule documentation releases.
- Works across multiple product teams. Develops comprehensive strategies for ensuring the documentation will make our products more accessible and more valuable.
- Create and maintain documentation and other user assistance materials, including educational videos and tutorials.
- Mentor junior writers in writing style and process to ensure brand voice and style adherence.
- Works in unknown areas and encourages others to do the same.
We are looking for you if you have:
- 7+ years of experience documenting software tools and products.
- Experience working on multiple product releases simultaneously in an agile development environment and familiarity with software development processes and methodologies.
- Efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from customers and support representatives.
- Experience in using XML tools to create documentation
- English at C1 level or equivalent certification.
- Linguistic and/or engineering higher education.
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples.
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success and the spaces where our teams collaborate to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization – an important distinction. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all our communities.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices worldwide, including Galway, Ireland; Bath, UK; Wroclaw, Poland; and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won significant industry (product and company) awards, including the B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator, and BuiltIn Best Places to Work.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
SmartBear Headquarters Location
SmartBear Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
SmartBear Founded Year
SmartBear Total Amount Raised
SmartBear Funding RoundsView funding details