Principal Software Engineer - PinataView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote - North America or South America
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
WHO WE ARE
Pinata Technologies, Inc. is building the tools and infrastructure for a more free and empowering web3 generation through IPFS. Our vision is to foster a sense of place for every creator on the internet that is uniquely theirs. Our fully remote team comprises engineers and designers, builders and creators, and overall kind humans with big dreams. We believe in a culture that fosters integrity and teamwork, laughter and trust, and our work is meaningful and challenging in the best ways every day.
Check us out at About Us | Pinata
The Principal Software Engineer will report to our Engineering Manager, while partnering with the Engineering team, Product team, and leadership, to make the experience of creating and distributing media easier through client-side tools and applications. In this role, you will bring enthusiasm for delivering value to our customers and achieving engineering excellence.
You will work remotely with Engineering and Product in pods, and can be based anywhere in North or South America.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with Product and Engineering on technical requirements, ensuring projects support business initiatives, and delivering high quality code
- Exemplify and drive high engineering standards around code, documentation, hiring, vendor selection, and solution architecture decisions
- Code, build, and deploy scalable software solutions for business-critical initiatives in cloud native infrastructure
- Responsible for start to finish delivery of entire projects while understanding what is needed to deploy a project to production
WHAT YOU BRING
- 8+ years of programming experience and expert-level technical expertise in modern development frameworks, toolsets, and development methodologies. At Pinata, we use: Node.js, React, Express
- Extensive experience with Docker, Cloudflare, AWS, and other cloud technologies
- Experience mentoring and unblocking junior developers to contribute to their success
- Profound understanding of release, deployment, monitoring, and alerting
- Emotional intelligence and empathy for working with diverse teams
- Knowledge of IPFS or other web3 technologies
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
🌐 Ability to work remotely from anywhere
🩺 Health, dental and vision benefits
🌴 Unlimited paid time off
💻 Professional development stipend
🐣 18 weeks parental leave for full-time, salaried employees including birth, adoption, or surrogacy
🏦 Meaningful equity for full-time, salaried employees
🤩 Opportunity to join us at an early stage where your contributions will make an impact and you’ll have opportunities to flourish
Applying to Pinata
We value different experiences, so even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
Pinata follows a structured interview process. If we move forward with your application, our typical interview process includes:
- 30-minute call with recruiter to discuss your experience and logistics
- 45-minute behavioral interview with hiring manager
- Technical interview with Engineering team
- Cross-functional panel interview with Product
Some roles will have a take-home assignment or technical interview. Candidates may also be asked to meet with additional team members at the hiring manager's request.
Pinata Compensation Philosophy
At Pinata, we compensate our team fairly and consistently by analyzing market data and benchmarking to ensure equitable, unbiased compensation.
In accordance to pay transparency laws, Pinata provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired and performed in the United States. For the United States only, our salary range for this role is $180,325 - $200,200. For any additional countries where this role may be hired and performed, compensation will be determined by location. Compensation will be determined during the interview process based on experience, competencies, and market data. In addition to salary, we offer equity and competitive benefits where eligible. At any time during the interview process, please ask your recruiter for more information.
A Note on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our team spans over 7 countries and each of us offer unique perspectives. We believe in treating everyone with respect and providing an environment where everyone can be their authentic self. Pinata is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people who are neurodivergent, have medical needs or disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please complete this form.
Pinata Headquarters Location
Pinata Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Pinata Founded Year
Pinata Total Amount Raised
Pinata Funding RoundsView funding details