Principal Software Engineer, Developer Platform - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal Software Engineer, Developer Platform
- Job Location
- Remote Canada
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Do you enjoy building products and providing tools that improve the experience of your colleagues? The Developer Productivity Engineering team may be for you. Our purpose is to make the development experience better for every engineer at Affirm. We provide development tooling, pre-production environments, and everything else that makes writing, testing, building and deploying software easy and efficient. We strive to provide outstanding inner development loop experiences and a safe, efficient PR to Production outer development loop.
What You'll Do
- Study the code writing and debugging experiences of your fellow developers and suggest areas for improvement
- Craft innovative solutions that enable developers to stay productive as they continue to add product features and functionalities
- Pair with engineering teams to improve their use of productivity tools and uplift software development skills
- Stay on top of industry trends for developer efficiency and cross-pollinate those ideas and processes with Affirm’s development processes
- Be a critical part of Affirm’s Platform Engineering team, the backbone of Engineering at Affirm
What We Look For
- Prior work pairing with multiple product development teams a year on multiple projects
- Experience in crafting and improving fundamental engineering processes
- Passion about providing an extraordinary experience to other software engineers
- Tool builders and sharers who strive to reduce toil and improve efficiency
- Proficiency developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
Location - Remote Canada#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:Jobs in Grades 21-54: shorturl.at/H0124Jobs in Grades 61-74: shorturl.at/kK015If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds