Principal Software Engineer - Beyond FinanceView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Beyond Finance is a next generation financial services company. Our goal is to provide financial peace of mind to our clients by giving them simple and transparent financial products that are customized to their individual circumstances.
We're in constant pursuit of new collaborators that will help us get to the next level. Our workforce includes celebrated, diverse talents working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt relief industry.
Our team spirit and culture are what set us apart as a company. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it.
About The Role
You’ll work closely with our engineering leadership team to help guide our technology and product decisions for our application ecosystem. We’re a growing team that values clear communication, transparency, and collaboration. We drive progress with small iterations in a release-when-ready environment and by reflecting on how we can best work together.
There are three software engineering teams at Beyond Finance today and you’d be the first Principal Software Engineer, working across all teams.
What You’ll Do
- Operate as a technical expert and trusted advisor on all aspects of the product and tech stack, establishing and reenforcing our systems architecture
- Own our overall ecosystem performance and scalability
- Analyze, plan, design, and have hands-on involvement in highly complex projects, including ones with external dependencies
- Navigate and resolve ambiguity at both technical and business levels
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to determine meaningful milestones, project sequencing, and how to phase-in a project safely in a large-scale environment
- Build, maintain, and deliver on a technical roadmap, including major refactoring at the application, system, and infrastructure levels
- Research, document, and promote design patterns and practices that fit our technical challenges
- Assist other members of the development team in debugging and resolving issues
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities, including evaluating new tools / technologies and automation of common tasks
- Proactively identify new or better ways to add business value, both within and outside of technical solutions
What We Look For
Why join us?
- 8+ years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining production-quality software, ideally in a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment
- Strong knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and PostgreSQL
- Expertise in building, consuming, and standardizing APIs
- Firm understanding of performance and scalability as it relates to application development
- Knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies, architectural concepts, design patterns, and principles
- Significant contribution to architecture decisions and development of multiple large-scale applications throughout your career
- Experience partnering with feature leads and other stakeholders on large projects to determine the best solution and scoping it into small iterations for release
- Strong competency in making complex relational data modeling decisions and writing complex SQL statements
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues in unfamiliar code
- Clear and efficient communication skills
- Mentorship skills and the ability to give well-crafted and constructive feedback
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. For eligible fulltime employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Generous personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*
Beyond Finance does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Beyond Finance employees or the Beyond Finance Finance and HR teams. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Beyond Finance HR team.
Beyond Finance Headquarters Location
Beyond Finance Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Beyond Finance Founded Year
Beyond Finance Total Amount Raised
Beyond Finance Funding RoundsView funding details