Principal Site Reliability Engineer - AccelaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal Site Reliability Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote Based
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Accela provides cutting edge technology for government agencies to engage and serve their citizens. The cornerstone of our technology is the Civic Cloud Platform that allows for an entire ecosystem of developers and business partners to create endless number of solutions to serve the government and the public. At Accela, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an alternative approach to the traditional split of IT Operations and Product Development teams, as pioneered by Google. SRE is driven by Software Engineers running Cloud Engineering and Operations. Our SRE mission is to protect and improve Accela’s Civic Platform Services - with an emphasis on availability, performance, security, scalability, and cost optimization.
As with more traditional Operations groups, SRE keeps important systems up and running despite all sources of disruption. At Accela, as part of the Cloud Engineering and Operations team, you will also participate actively in the PDLC and work with talented DevOps Engineers across the company. You will have the opportunity to develop this discipline further as we scale to the needs of Public Sector customers, tackling the complex problems of scale, availability, security, and compliance, leveraging your expertise in systems, security, development, algorithms, system design, and compliance.
- Execute and lead efforts focused on improving (and maintaining) availability, performance, and security of Accela SaaS offerings.
- Provide technical leadership as well as mentorship for junior engineers.
- Perform deep troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis during Production Incidents and drive follow-on Corrective Actions.
- Develop and implement software to improve Accela's software system availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency. Scale solutions to the business need.
- Function as escalation point for incidents related to availability, performance, security, and compliance.
- Deliver key automation initiatives along with key DevOps Engineering, Security, and Database Engineering resources across the company, ensuring alignment with our infrastructure provisioning orchestration (Terraform) and Build Automation efforts (Ansible).
- Function as escalation point for issues blocking critical deployments and changes, and for Change Management.
- Help design, implement, support and scale server architecture on Microsoft Azure to provide fast and reliable services to a rapidly growing customer base.
- Build out and maintain a suitable tracking dashboards and metrics.
- 10+ years software engineering and/or production systems engineering experience in a SaaS environment, including senior management and technical leadership positions.
- Proven ability to hire, develop and retain strong technical teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to develop concise presentations for executive leadership.
- Experience working in a Microsoft environment.
- Experience with software version control – Git, Github.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems.
- Familiarity with distributed systems.
- Demonstrated systematic approach to problem solving.
- Use of Azure (CLI/API) (Primary).
- Deep knowledge of OS systems internals and System Administration functions.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools – Terraform in particular.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet – Ansible in particular.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby or Go.
- Mastery of production monitoring tools, trending, streaming metrics, and logging tools.
- Deep troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis skills.
- Expert troubleshooting “full stack” during production incidents.
- Good understanding of Security Groups, VPC flows, IAM, Certificate Manager.
- Ability to juggle multiple high priority projects at the same time.
- Design, implement, support and scale server architecture on Microsoft Azure to provide fast and reliable services to a rapidly growing customer base.
- Develop monitoring dashboard and metrics.
- Ability to drive organization maturity in the Incident, Problem and Change Management processes, through leading by example.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience with modern deployment architectures including containerization, Kubernetes.
- Terraform and ansible in particular.
- Python and PowerShell experience a plus.
The base pay hiring range for this position is $136,000 to $170,000 per year. The base pay offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on factors such as the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of health, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the location where the position is offered.
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Accela Headquarters Location
San Ramon, CA
Accela Company Size
Between 339 - 1,000 employees
Accela Founded Year
Accela Total Amount Raised
Accela Funding RoundsView funding details