Principal Product Marketing Manager - Government - QualtricsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal Product Marketing Manager - Government
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Job Description
At Qualtrics, we create software the world’s best brands use to deliver exceptional frontline experiences, build high-performing teams, and design products people love. But we are more than a platform—we are the creators and stewards of the Experience Management category serving over 18K clients globally. Building a category takes grit, determination, and a disdain for convention—but most of all it requires close-knit, high-functioning teams with an unwavering dedication to serving our customers.
When you join one of our teams, you’ll be part of a nimble group that’s empowered to set aggressive goals and move fast to achieve them. Strategic risks are encouraged and complex problems are solved together, by passing the mic and iterating until the best solution comes to light. You won’t have to look to find growth opportunities—ready or not, they’ll find you. From retail to government to healthcare, we’re on a mission to bring humanity, connection, and empathy back to business. Join over 6,000 people across the globe who think that’s work worth doing.
Principal Product Marketing Manager, Government - (Federal, State, Local, International)
Why we have this Role
Qualtrics is seeking an exceptional product marketer to drive product and GTM strategy for our Government business. Serving federal, state, and local governments in the US and their equivalents internationally is a large and growing business for Qualtrics. These products help make governments listen to citizen feedback across multiple channels, such as web, contact centers, social channels, and office branches / physical locations, in order to increase accessibility, reduce friction, lower cost, and deliver the compelling intuitive, omnichannel experience that citizens have come to expect.
In this role, you will drive all facets of a multi-channel GTM motion, influence the product roadmap with customer and competitive insights, and orchestrate the production of compelling content and enablement across Sales, Marketing, Comms, Training & Enablement, and our inhouse Product Content Studio. You will report directly to the PMM Director for Customer Experience & Industry Products.
How You’ll Find Success
This full-funnel role develops Product go-to-market strategies that position the company to achieve long-term growth in the experience management space while meeting annual revenue and profitability goals. PMMs are responsible for their line of business GTM, defining strategic direction and driving execution to achieve long-term business goals.
You will know your customers, the market, and our business so intimately that you define and communicate a clear, differentiated, defensible, and monetizable market position. You’ll display extreme ownership, be adept at stakeholder management across both marketing, product, and the field, and be confident in prioritization. Most critically, you will excel at building and supporting successful teams in order to amplify the influence of PMM and nurture key talent within the company.
How You’ll Grow
You will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the success of our customer experience line of business. This role will allow you to build your expertise in Product and GTM strategy, cross-functional collaboration, and executive and customer presentations.
Things You’ll Do
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Define and communicate compelling product positioning and messaging that resonates with target customers and differentiates our products in the marketplace.
- Go-to-Market Planning: Develop and execute go-to-market plans for new product launches and sales programs, including target customer segments, pricing strategies, and marketing campaigns.
- Competitive Analysis: Conduct in-depth competitive analysis to understand the market landscape, identify opportunities and trends, and mitigate potential threats.
- Sales Enablement: Collaborate with Sales, Revenue Marketing, Training & Enablement, and our inhouse Product Content Studio to develop effective sales plays, training materials, and collateral and tell a value-based story using customer proof points – all of which support the selling process.
- Customer Insights: Use customer feedback and market research to gain insights into customer needs in order to inform go-to-market strategies and the product roadmap.
- Product Launches: Manage and coordinate product launches, ensuring successful execution and maximum impact in the market.
What We’re Looking For On Your Resume
- 10-12 years of experience including one or more of the following
- As a practitioner or as a consultant to government organizations for 5+ years, you have a deep demonstrated understanding of the Government vertical. You understand what holds the government experience back, and you have a hypothesis on how to fix it.
- As a B2B SaaS PMM for 5+ years, you’ve launched products, drove GTM strategy and had your sales teams crush targets using stories and materials with your fingerprints all over them
- As a B2B SaaS product manager for 4+ years, you have built and launched compelling, successful B2B SaaS products that have had your sales teams come back to you saying ‘This thing basically sells itself!’
- As a strategy consultant for 4+ years, you’ve led teams to analyze market opportunities, develop distinctive products, and craft full-funnel GTM strategies that have meaningfully moved the needle for your clients, while being aligned to Sales & Marketing, High-Tech, or Public Sector practice areas of your firm
- Experience with customer experience products preferred (e.g. voice of the customer, social listening, journey mapping, customer data platform/CDP, CRM)
- Bachelor's degree and or equivalent preferred
- Strategic vision and creative problem solving, using data and qualitative insights to create a strategic framework and measure success
- Demonstrated ability to manage GTM motions at scale to yield predictable results
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills; can develop and maintain effective working relationships across both technical and commercial roles – including Engineering, User Experience Design, Product Management, Sales, Marketing, PR, Customer Success, and Operations
- Ability to make meaningful headway in highly ambiguous environments and inspire collaborators to see opportunity through both high times and challenges
- Evidence of growth mindset and the energy to be all-in and tackle challenges
What You Should Know About This Team
- Sits at the center of our efforts to bring experience management and product innovation to the market
- Has high visibility and deep collaboration opportunities across all major functions in our PXE (Product, Experience Design, Engineering) and GTM organizations
- Embraces their role as the voice of the market to product and the voice of product to the market, spending significant time in the Field to understand customer needs
- Dedicated to the craft of Product Marketing and producing excellent GTM strategies and assets to demonstrate our value
Our Team’s Favorite Perks and Benefits
The Qualtrics Hybrid Work Model: Our hybrid work model is elegantly simple: we all gather in the office three days a week; Mondays and Thursdays, plus one day selected by your organizational leader. These purposeful in-person days in thoughtfully designed offices help us do our best work and harness the power of collaboration and innovation. For the rest of the week, work where you want, owning the integration of work and life.Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer meaning that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.Applicants in the United States of America have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family & Medical Leave Act, Equal Opportunity Employment, Employee Polygraph Protection ActQualtrics is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Qualtrics will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please let your Qualtrics contact/recruiter know.Not finding a role that’s the right fit for now? Qualtrics Insiders is the one-stop shop for all things Qualtrics Life. Sign up for exclusive access to content created with you in mind and get the scoop on what we have going on at Qualtrics - upcoming events, behind the scenes stories from the team, interview tips, hot jobs, and more. No spam - we promise! You'll hear from us two times a month max with fresh, totally tailored info - so be sure to stay connected as you explore your best role and company fit.
- Competitive salary, performance bonuses, generous 401(k) Match
- Wellness Reimbursement for $300 per quarter for wellness activities including gym memberships, spa massages, workout equipment, meditation apps, and much more.
- $1800 Experience bonus to be used for an “Experience” of your choosing
- Unlimited Sick Days
- Amazing QGroup Communities; MOSAIQ, Green Team, Qualtrics Pride, Q&Able, Qualtrics Salute, and Women’s Leadership Development, which exist as places for support, allyship, and advocacy.
- Free food and drinks, and amenities like massage chairs, table tennis, and more
For full-time positions, this pay range is for base per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, education, skills, and experience. For part-time or intern positions, this pay range is for base pay per hour. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be included in an employment offer, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and other benefits, based on eligibility criteria.Washington State Pay Transparency Range$180,000—$197,500 USD
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Qualtrics Headquarters Location
Qualtrics Company Size
Between 5,000 - 10,000 employees
Qualtrics Founded Year
Qualtrics Total Amount Raised
Qualtrics Funding RoundsView funding details