Principal Product Marketing Manager - CData SoftwareView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal Product Marketing Manager
- Job Location
- North Carolina
- Job Description
In the age of digital transformation, data has become increasingly vital to core business operations. But with so many cloud applications and platforms available today, data has become more decentralized than ever.
CData is the real-time data connectivity company. Our easy-to-use integration products allow users to work with their data where, when, and how they need it. With a robust library of real-time data connectors, users can access data from hundreds of applications, tools, and systems – on-premises or in the cloud.
CData is a global company, headquartered in Chapel Hill, NC with about 350 team members worldwide. More than 10,000 organizations rely on CData technologies to overcome data fragmentation challenges and unlock value from diverse, dispersed data assets.
Principal Product Marketing Manager - CData Cloud Connect
CData Software is seeking a seasoned, self-directed product marketing professional to efficiently scale and support global marketing activities for our Connect Cloud product line.
CData Connect Cloud provides Data Connectivity as a Service via a secure platform for cloud data access and integration. It allows users to easily connect any application, on-premises or in the cloud, with real-time data from anywhere. Connect Cloud gives business users and data engineers the freedom of real-time connectivity and the ability to use their tools of choice, removing dependence on IT, advanced programming skills and other complex data movement processes.
In this role, you'll focus on planning and creating go to market activities and content to support marketing and sales. Your primary duties include developing product positioning and messaging, identifying target personas, understanding the buyer process, creation of short and long form content, product launches, sales enablement, thought leadership, and go to market. You will also work across key functional teams/business units to coordinate content requirements, target audience segmentation, collateral needs, and ultimately driving outbound GTM success.
Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, passionate, and comfortable working with numerous business units across the organization.
Location(s): Raleigh-Durham, NC (preferred) or Remote (East Coast)
- Own the overall growth number for the Connect Cloud product-line and coordinate cross-functionally to develop and execute quarterly strategies
- Develop marketing GTM and strategy aligned with market directions and supported by the roadmap and releases of our offerings and implement it
- Plan, organize, manage and implement marketing projects from beginning to end, ranging from simple single items to full product launches.
- Conduct marketing research with target audiences and customers to identify opportunities and messaging
- Develop marketing materials for new product launches and maintain/enhance materials for existing product
- Work closely with and become a real-time data integration subject matter expert for sales, customer success, and marketing
- Track overall business results including identification and monitoring of key metrics and other data sources that gauge the health and growth of the business, and future business trends.
- Monitor competitive activity that could prevent the achievement of business goals, and develops proactive and reactive plans to counter competitive threats
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- 7 - 10 years of product marketing experience, preferably with data integration, data virtualization, or data connectivity
- Track-record of demonstrable growth associated with projects under your ownership
- Experience defining the core messaging, positioning, and go-to-market for a new product category
- Ability to lead and analyze the research needed to identify product-market fit
- Strong team player able to work across multifunctional teams
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in a startup-like environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 20 Days of PTO
- Employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (100% for employee, 50% for dependents)
- HSA with Company Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with 6% Immediately Vested Company Match
- Professional development opportunities
CData is not currently registered as an employer in the following states, and therefore, applicants from these states will not be considered: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
CData Software is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
CData Software Headquarters Location
Chapel Hill, NC
CData Software Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
CData Software Founded Year