Principal Product Designer, Growth - AmplitudeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal Product Designer, Growth
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Amplitude is the pioneer in digital optimization software. More than 1,400 customers, including Atlassian, Instacart, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to power their digital products. Amplitude makes product data accessible to every member of an organization, empowering them to make data-driven decisions that fuel faster product innovation and growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
What does this team do?
The Growth Engineering team is dedicated to applying product, engineering, and data to keep Amplitude growing as fast as possible. To scalably grow Amplitude, we build features, infrastructure, and experiments that maximize growth. We help new/returning/dormant users discover, activate their core use cases and build a habit. Deepen their engagement through discovery of relevant features and expand what they can do with Amplitude over time.
Our work ranges from iterating on our core user experience across our entire stack to improve free to paid conversion. We own the user lifecycle and drive multi-product acquisition, activation, and retention.
As a Lead Product Designer, Growth you will:
- Be a thought leader in the company and help drive long term product vision for multi-product growth
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating business strategy, research insights, and data into ideas that form disruptive new products and features and improving and simplifying existing workflows
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess viability, and design the workflows and fine-grained details of interactions
- Use design thinking to drive cross functional alignment and use storytelling to inspire the team and the organization about the team’s vision and problems we are solving
- Partner closely with cross-functional (product, engineering, and go to market) teams to regularly ship experiments that drive concrete business outcomes and solve user pain points
- Act as a leader and coach within the Product Design team and manage a small design team, with the opportunity to scale the growth design team in the future
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have experience partnering with Product to envision long term product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Are excited about driving business outcomes while solving user pain points and know how to find the right balance
- Are passionate about coaching and mentoring other designers and building a team
- Use data and research to inform your design decisions and are able to assess the impact of your designs with quantitative and qualitative data
- Are comfortable operating in a fast paced environment and ambiguous problem spaces
- Have track record in using design thinking to drive cross functional alignment and storytelling
- Are excited about working across a wide range of problem areas and constantly tackling new challenges
- Have a portfolio showing compelling and quality design as well as a track record of driving design forward
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital optimization system – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech company to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Amplitude is the #1 product analytics solution according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We’ve hired more than 300 people in 2021 and have operations in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Amplitude Company Size
Between 301 - 1,000 employees
Amplitude Founded Year
Amplitude Funding Rounds