Principal Engineer - EarnUpView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal Engineer
- Job Location
- Atlanta, GA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The time is right for financial products to do better so you can make the most of your income. EarnUp is on a mission to create a financial system that works for everyone by transforming the loan payments ecosystem into a key driver for achieving financial wellness. We do this through our customer-centric and data-driven payments platform. Our platform offers flexibility in payment schedules while intelligently automating mortgage payments to help our users pay off loans faster. We are a dedicated and diverse team of hardworking innovators working to help people get out of debt. Come help us disrupt the $20 trillion debt market we have today and let’s make a difference together.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer that wants to see the impact of their work to join the engineering organization. You have a passion for your craft and will be responsible for the design and implementation of major initiatives within the organization requiring deep technical knowledge and understanding of the business domain. You are constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems that require broad influence in the company. You bring a passion for producing the highest quality code as well as leading others to do the same. to plan the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of our consumer and B2B financial management systems.
Your team leads the software platform stack and you will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements while using your hands-on technical experience to guide architecture and delivery of software products across the engineering organization. You have a passion for delivering robust software systems and are driven to deliver incredible customer experiences.
- Design and champion solutions and propose new technologies for solving engineering problems. Backend heavy tech experience.
- Configure and optimize services for performance and scale
- Propose enhancements in areas such as Authn/Authz, API design, service scalability, message queueing and database schema design
- Build accurate and clear system documentation
- Mentor junior engineers and play a key role in hiring – this role is expected to be about 50% technical leadership, 50% hands-on
- Ability to rally cross functional teams on new technologies and architectural approach
- Standardize our architecture across teams
What you bring:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of software architecture experience
- Broad familiarity with technologies and approaches to software development
- Backend / infrastructure / database
- Kubernetes / AWS / microservices / message queueing
- Familiarity with Python / SQL
- Some familiarity with FE technologies (we use TypeScript / NodeJS / React)
- Passion for multidisciplinary problem solving, automation and testing
- Clear communication style, love of bad puns and good Haiku
Why You Will Love Working at EarnUp
- Fast-paced, collaborative startup dedicated to providing opportunities to learn and grow
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible hybrid work model (planning for 2-3 days per week in the office)
- Convenient SF HQ location minutes away from the Montgomery Bart Station
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Flexible time off and programs dedicated to self care
- Commuter and work from home benefits
- Strong culture where we collaborate, innovate and have fun together
- Employee Resource Groups and active DEI Advisory Council
- Family friendly benefits including generous paid parental leave and an employer contribution toward Dependent Care
- An opportunity to help financially improve the lives of 20 million Americans living in debt
- And food!
The base salary range for this position is $170,000 - $220,000.
Diversity is in our DNA. At EarnUp, diversity is not only accepted and respected, it’s celebrated and it is critical to our success. We foster an environment for exceptional people which includes a sense of belonging for all.
- EarnUp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**EarnUp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations@EarnUp.com
EarnUp Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
EarnUp Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
EarnUp Founded Year
EarnUp Total Amount Raised
EarnUp Funding RoundsView funding details