Principal DevOps Engineer - Astera LabsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Principal DevOps Engineer
- Job Location
- Santa Clara, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Astera Labs is a global leader delivering semiconductor-based connectivity solutions purpose-built to unleash the full potential of intelligent data infrastructure at cloud-scale. Our class-defining first-to-market products based on PCIe, CXL, and Ethernet technologies deliver critical connectivity for high-value artificial intelligence and machine learning applications. Our focus on customer-driven product definition and commitment to design solutions in the cloud, for the cloud, results in breakthrough execution and scale for our customers. We are headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, with R&D centers and offices in Taiwan, China, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada, and Haifa, Israel.
We are looking for a Principal DevOps and CAD Engineer with hands-on experience setting up and managing cloud native Electronic Design Automation (EDA) design flows on Linux systems housed in AWS public cloud. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting SoC design team with various front end (design verification) and back end (physical design) flows, ensure smooth operation of job schedulers and manage entire IT infrastructure of dynamic on-demand, reserved and spot instances.
- Strong academic and technical background in information technology, preferably in computer/electrical engineering. A Bachelor’s degree is required, and a Master’s is preferred.
- ≥5 years’ experience supporting IT needs of SoC/silicon development
- Programming experience writing shell and Perl/Python scripts
- Expertise in Infrastructure as Code using cloud native technologies
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks and to work with minimal guidance and Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude
- Authorized to work in the US
- Strong experience with scripting languages and using them for semiconductor EDA automation (primarily Python, Bash and TCL, Java/C/C++ a plus)
- Managing user job submissions over PBS Pro (or similar) job schedulers
- Developing cloud native CI/CD workflows using Jenkins and Atlassian tools
- Deploying scalable EDA workloads in AWS
- Installing and managing EDA tools from companies like Synopsys, Cadence, Ansys, etc.
- Orchestrating dynamic high-performance AWS EC2 compute fleet with detailed monitoring
- Implementing and designing cloud native security concepts,
- System administration of high-performance infrastructure like NFS file system, license servers, AD/LDAP servers, proxy servers, Atlassian servers and dynamic compute nodes
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.
Astera Labs Headquarters Location
Santa Clara, CA
Astera Labs Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Astera Labs Founded Year
Astera Labs Total Amount Raised
Astera Labs Funding RoundsView funding details